• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

50 days till seeding any change in plans.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    Seeding down about a third of my acres. What I can’t feed I will sell. 3 bales at 70 to 100 works on a one time seed cost of 25 bucks. Will rotate through every six years. Toying with the idea of gasp, organic for first year after forage takeout.
    Not saying that's a bad plan, good rotation and reasonable inputs but just so you know just about everyone I've talked to down here is putting more hay in, after quite a bunch went in last year and lots of guys sitting on those $100 bales. Hay business has always been cyclical. A non issue if you can feed it though.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
      Not saying that's a bad plan, good rotation and reasonable inputs but just so you know just about everyone I've talked to down here is putting more hay in, after quite a bunch went in last year and lots of guys sitting on those $100 bales. Hay business has always been cyclical. A non issue if you can feed it though.
      Yeah I hear you. I plan to price my hay at well under the crazy prices we have seen. I see 100 bucks as gouging, when 70 bucks should be plenty. I have been having to buy a bit of hay, and I also want to get on top of that!

I also intend to fence a lot of our land and drift the sheep through, using extended winter grazing etc as well. Some of the seeding down will be for stockpile grazing. I hear you though. I certainly am not the only guy thinking along these lines.

Comment

I’m dropping my barley acres, canola same as it was last year, wheat and oat up a bit.

Comment

My plan should be to sell out to the hutterites and move to a country far away from the piece of shit Trudeau.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
            My plan should be to sell out to the hutterites and move to a country far away from the piece of shit Trudeau.
            I like far south Argentina, away from people

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...