• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Morris looks in trouble

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
    Bourgaut is an amazing company. Products are built well and the biggest complaint is that they are too heavy. But they get the seed into the moisture no matter the year and they last for years. Parts support for 20 year old machines is awesome.

I don’t believe that they have ever taken a dollar of Government money, I know they have had lean years and been on the brink a few times, but I think they are debt free, employ a lot of people, make a lot of money and pay a ton of tax.

They have smart and strong management people that plan and build a for the year based on the market conditions and execute the plan. Have a waiting list for the next year rather than try and grab it all. They are pragmatic about the business and it is quite amazing all this talent comes from small town Saskatchewan. Their products new are too expensive for me so I need to buy them after the BTO’s trade in a few years. I encourage all BTO’s to keep the Bourgaut paint on the farm no more that 2 years old.

In my opinion they are a model Corporate Citizen and I don’t believe you will ever read about them out of business.
    I would also add the owners probably just take a healthy salary and live a simple life, Gerry always seemed down to earth the 1 or 2 times i was lucky to talk with him in person

Comment

Interesting thread it’s turned into.
      The latest and greatest seeders with he’s and whistles versus older machines.

Hey I’m completely different than you guys Morris c1 apat from pins and bushes wearing on tines ok machine.

Plenty of Flexi 820 bars

Ishtar through to latest and greatest.

I’m small fry compared to guys 6700 acres.

But many here think it’s your rotation, fert,weed control , trace elements first what you actually get it in the ground with is secondary.

Huge swing away from” complicated” machines KISS principle

Comment

J.D. laying off half of combine production staff. No sales.

Comment

Amazing jobs these independent opener drills will do. Especially in challenging terrain they shine compared to shank machines. However, I’ve seen both types do equally good and bad jobs. It’s the nut between the steering wheel and seat that determines the success and failure. Sure these fancy units are a lot easier to do a uniform job which lends itself well to large acres. I can weld and cobble my old drill and piss around keeping it seeding right but for my size of operation that is what I must do to make a go of it. I know of a very large operation which went back to single shoot drills and floating nitrogen ahead. Could get away with less hydraulic demand, cheaper equipment, and less to go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
            Amazing jobs these independent opener drills will do. Especially in challenging terrain they shine compared to shank machines. However, I’ve seen both types do equally good and bad jobs. It’s the nut between the steering wheel and seat that determines the success and failure. Sure these fancy units are a lot easier to do a uniform job which lends itself well to large acres. I can weld and cobble my old drill and piss around keeping it seeding right but for my size of operation that is what I must do to make a go of it. I know of a very large operation which went back to single shoot drills and floating nitrogen ahead. Could get away with less hydraulic demand, cheaper equipment, and less to go wrong.
            The day approaches soon when relatively new equipment will be un-fixable due to not being able to get just 1 of the 27 ecu's on board which is no longer made/available.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
              The day approaches soon when relatively new equipment will be un-fixable due to not being able to get just 1 of the 27 ecu's on board which is no longer made/available.
              And even if the parts were available its doubtful if a farmer could get anyone but the dealer to fix it and phuck it up some more....

It started this spring with a fuel filter ....then a fuel pump ....then an ECU....then they got to finding the broken pin connection....2500 bucks later...

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                And even if the parts were available its doubtful if a farmer could get anyone but the dealer to fix it and phuck it up some more....

It started this spring with a fuel filter ....then a fuel pump ....then an ECU....then they got to finding the broken pin connection....2500 bucks later...
                Now what if the ECU was no longer available?

Comment

Heads up a company in Regina could become the latest to be bought up by a larger company. Heavy shit man.

Comment

Now what if the ECU was no longer available?
                    Then is becomes a 400000 dollar fix....buy or lease a different tractor.....

Which is what I was close to doing after 2 days of being a guinea pig...

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      Heads up a company in Regina could become the latest to be bought up by a larger company. Heavy shit man.
                      Who is that?

Comment

This is what happens when they charge so much for shitty equip. What ever foundry forges out shanks for morris must also make toothpicks as thats about as good as their shanks are.😡😡.

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
                          Who is that?
                          Won’t most this deals get deal when it’s feeding on the carcass phase? I get everyone tries to sell themselves before the end but why pay a premium is beyond me.

Iceman

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                            Then is becomes a 400000 dollar fix....buy or lease a different tractor.....

Which is what I was close to doing after 2 days of being a guinea pig...
                            That is SUCH a frustrating situation

Comment

That is SUCH a frustrating situation
                              But I think 2500 is a bit rich for a pin connector....had they looked a bit closer to begin with...they wouldn't have had to try every thing else...

All the codes told them nothing...and neither did a few calls to DTAC. ...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...