• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well I’m back maybe briefly who knows, A question

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
    I had a foreigner provided by a service that promised papers that never showed up. He came as a tourist. Crooks.
    Without them you can't put him on vehicle insurance. No Medical policy covers. Get caught and get barred from country.
    Traffic tickets a disaster. Sheriff gave it to me and said get outta here.
    Proof of payment of any kind puts all liability and risk from all sides on the farmer. You could lose the farm.
    I could go on and on but the message is: get the papers!
    Struggling to work out if he needs a work visa or work permit will ring Canadian embassy

If only a 8 week stay looks like permit is all that’s needed

Comment

A young man from Queensland was in our area last year. He and my son were friends. He worked a couple seasons on a local grain farm. His permit or visa allowed him 2 years to work and then he had to leave the country. Don't think it is very difficult to get.

You can add me to the list of places where he could work. West Central Saskatchewan. Mixed farm. Mixed old school and new school thinking. Five hours to the Rockies. Might send my son down after harvest to help you with yours!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...