• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well I’m back maybe briefly who knows, A question

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I’m back maybe briefly who knows, A question

The boy announced today he wants to go stateside and Canada to do some harvesting/working
    Deal is sept October .

3 weeks in plevna Montana not negotiable said he has to go there.

Leaves 5 weeks to go elsewere.

Only experience 2018 harvested 6200 acres by himself me on haul out bin. 2019 6800 acres same deal Claas 670 40 ft head.

Sowed those acres with contour drill plus does 60% of spraying.

Work for beer rum bed food and use of pick up and any local ladies.

Aged almost 19 by then works had plays harder 18 to 20 hours doesn’t bother him, oh yeah work hours same 18 to 20 no sweat.

Steak potatoes eggs bacon will oh occasional hot dog for variety strong as a ox almost as stubborn.

Any work chances with a aussie resume like that?

Ps he’s not a big yapper man of few words or until half a box of rum or beer.

Will love hunting.

Not into high fashion , high fluting women or drugs normal old school country kid
    Last edited by malleefarmer; Jan 8, 2020, 04:58.

Help is always in short supply. Meeting new people while filling a need checks lots of boxes.

I've sent you a PM.

Comment

He could probably name his price around here, you say he hates hot and loves cold, once the local ladies get hold you may never see him again.

Comment

Originally posted by malleefarmer View Post
        The boy announced today he wants to go stateside and Canada to do some harvesting/working
        Deal is sept October .
        Well there is always work for hard working people, but the custom harvest crew is a pretty tight ship business here. These crews move hundred of miles chasing the harvest windows from the southern US into Canada.

Comment

He will get in on lots of goose hunting in September/October.

Comment

I can also supply shotguns, geese, deer (archery on then),

Comment

Come on down, maybe shoot a elk off the combine steps. Custom runs will be done but anyone would beg for harvest help like him, maybe he can come in may and experience spring threshing, rice tires and 4wd combines.

Comment

Does he shear sheep,there is always people looking here but mostly small flocks,under 100 ,going rate is $5/$6 per head. There is auzie crews go through here but usualy looking for larger flocks.

Comment

nope hes not a sheep shearer.

Guess i lightened up his job application above.

He thought of custom crew but would rather stay in one spot and live with a family get to know them rather than go from place to place.

It might be to much to ask

Worst case scenario and dont wish it upon anyone is another harvest from hell like 19 and you get stuff all done and so does he.

And honestly pay aint a big deal just pocket money and also re nightlife not a huge issue either like xmas day here we were talking family chat and he said you know this is my 4th day of in 3 months so he not a boozer every weekend work always comes first.

And sask3 if he ends up near you guys the missus is probably gonna fly over with him get him settled were ever he ends up she will call in. Hes never really travelled so might freak out at airports etc when things go wrong meaning cancelled flights etc and what you do when that happens.

Thanks for replies

re weather might sort him out wears short pants 365 days a year and sleevless work shirts only time he really dresses is funerals or weddings
                  Last edited by malleefarmer; Jan 8, 2020, 14:21.

Comment

He thought of custom crew but would rather stay in one spot and live with a family get to know them rather than go from place to place.

Worst case scenario and dont wish it upon anyone is another harvest from hell like 19 and you get stuff all done and so does he.

And honestly pay aint a big deal just pocket money and also re nightlife not a huge issue either like xmas day here we were talking family chat and he said you know this is my 4th day of in 3 months so he not a boozer every weekend work always comes first.

And sask3 if he ends up near you guys the missus is probably gonna fly over with him get him settled were ever he ends up she will call in. Hes never really travelled so might freak out at airports etc when things go wrong meaning cancelled flights etc and what you do when that happens.

Thanks for replies

re weather might sort him out wears short pants 365 days a year and sleevless work shirts only time he really dresses is funerals or weddings
                    He'll fit in well here. We wear our wife beaters to weddings unless it's winter.

Comment

Well Mallee, we would gladly have your son come work for a few weeks if west central sask. interested him. 4 hours from Saskfarmer’s place. Lots of everything to hunt. Fair amount of younguns in the neighborhood but some bad apples, like most anywhere on the prairies, so he would have to be able to say no to some stuff. Fairly new equipment, lots of work. On another note, I hope you don’t give up on us here on agville. Enjoy your posts on oz and like everyone around the world, hoping and praying that life starts to get better there soon.

Comment

Thanks for replies

Going to be the sour apple to this good story but he may need to get a work visa. Best check into that, hate to have him get here than be rejected and sent home from the airport. Actually I wish him the best because that sounds like a great life experience.

Comment

Originally posted by oldguy48 View Post
                          Going to be the sour apple to this good story but he may need to get a work visa. Best check into that, hate to have him get here than be rejected and sent home from the airport. Actually I wish him the best because that sounds like a great life experience.
                          Canada and Auz have an agreement that makes obtaining work/travel visas easier to obtain

Comment

Yep onto work visa.

Working visa legit way to do it
                            I know other aussies gone over worked for cash nothing said all good but but if a work accident happens can get messy but I would make sure he has good insurance with or without visa

I worked without visa over there but times have changed

Comment

I had a foreigner provided by a service that promised papers that never showed up. He came as a tourist. Crooks.
                              Without them you can't put him on vehicle insurance. No Medical policy covers. Get caught and get barred from country.
                              Traffic tickets a disaster. Sheriff gave it to me and said get outta here.
                              Proof of payment of any kind puts all liability and risk from all sides on the farmer. You could lose the farm.
                              I could go on and on but the message is: get the papers!
                              Last edited by blackpowder; Jan 9, 2020, 10:51.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...