• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Praise the lord global warming has stopped

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Praise the lord global warming has stopped

Our forecasts downgraded for this 48/49 progged for friday aint gonna happen down to 45 and all other days low 40s rather than mid 40s

Maybe the same as you guys with cold but far easier to work in 40c or 41c rather than 46 to 48c

I dont know jack shit maybe minus 10c is pleasurable compared to minus 20c

Guess in both cases wind is killer

cheers guys and yeah part sarcasm intended and not a climate change brawl thread intended either.

it is because of boris

Comment

Glad to hear your temps are coming down Mallee. We are pretty used to the cold here -27 this morning and yep, the wind is a corker some days but +40 is too hot for me and +45 must be unbearable. I think it would be a good excuse for sucking back a few cold ones and finding an air conditioned corner for an afternoon siesta. 🥶 or 🥵 which is worse?

Comment

Sounds like a great place for the people who hate winter and snow here..

Comment

I will take -30 C over plus 40 C any day of the week.

Comment

Yah mallee, cold affects in exponential maybe like heat?
            -10, then -20 ya, then -30, cold, -40, enough already, then -50, sob!
            How it affects equipment at different stages wow, and how it feels. The 10° between -30 and -40 a big one. The spread from 30 to 50 yikes! Likewise -20 to -40.
            Often no wind at that here anyway.
            I've had the worst, and fastest frostbite at -20 ish with a bitch breeze.
            You get careless and you never feel it.
            40 your dressed well and your either ok, or your heading in.
            We have some awesome clothing and materials now compared to one time. Gawd, I love my driller boots.
            Only difference between uber hot and cold might be in aches and pains. My hands now hurt like a bastard and sieze up when they get cold. Not what they usta be.
            Last edited by blackpowder; Dec 14, 2019, 20:43.

Comment

Really dumb question if you get frost bitten hands or fingers they never really recover properly? Am I right or wrong are the nerve endings stuffed to a degree.......
              Pardon the pun

Comment

Kinda ya. The end of my big toe hasn't had any feeling at all since I was 10.
                My one ear has feeling but it's hard as a rock in places.
                No beard grows under my chin.
                Oddly, my hands ok. Except the more old injuries, the less blood flow, arthritis etc.
                I suppose frostbite kinda like a first or second degree burn. You shoulda saw my ears. Swollen, red, skin sloughing, drooping at right angle, dripping. Funny as hell.
                Last edited by blackpowder; Dec 14, 2019, 22:31.

Comment

After some -25 to -35C, we love calm and -10, but usually accompanied by ICY 20-40Km WIND whenever temps change up or down. Then snow blows drifts even blizzards! What the saying, you can dress up warm but can only take so much OFF when hot. Am guessing the sunburns are unhealthy like frostbite. Each can KILL.
                  Sunscreen a big seller? AC a necessity, like a FURNACE here. Somewhere between us must be an IDEAL temp?

Comment

It's called Hawaii.

Comment

Heat never bothered until maybe 10 yrs ago working in sheep yards drenching actually about 43 big sombrero kinda shaded area, drank about 20 litres of water....yeah probably lying but 10 anyway, cotton long sleeve shirt, finished the day previous day similar but 39 c anyway went home bit light headed, had cold shower ate supper just felt off.

Net morning didn’t feel quite right hot again went to do late morning about 11 am and they stuck a thermostat were the sun don’t shine and said you have elevated internal temps, told him of previous 2 days and they said you’ve obviously been heat struck. Told em I drank water but heat stroke and dehydration don’t go together always.

Anyway since then can’t handle heat 40 c is it.

Someone mentioned having a cold one on a hot day, yeah cold sofa or juice usually for me cause if there’s a fire and you have to take Farmer fire units there you don’t really wanna be half shot putting out a mate or neighbours fire.

But having said that if we were half tanked we would still go. Fires on Xmas day are difficult as well half the local population is elsewhere at in-laws etc.

Cheers sorry for the novel

Comment

Yup, heat stroke not funny either. Only seen salt pills at some plants I've been in.
                        Mom said I puked all night after bale stacking in July as a kid.

Comment

Twenty five years ago framing houses I’d drink well over 20 litres of water a day and poured salt on everything, and just loved the heat, now not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                            After some -25 to -35C, we love calm and -10, but usually accompanied by ICY 20-40Km WIND whenever temps change up or down. Then snow blows drifts even blizzards! What the saying, you can dress up warm but can only take so much OFF when hot. Am guessing the sunburns are unhealthy like frostbite. Each can KILL.
                            Sunscreen a big seller? AC a necessity, like a FURNACE here. Somewhere between us must be an IDEAL temp?
                            Do you ever stop and ask why we CHOOSE to live in the extreme climates that we do, and in the career that we do? Ever consider that in a free country such as ours or Australia, we could all have been teachers in Vancouver or Port Macquarie for example? About as close to an ideal temp between us, as you can find.

Comment

I am getting so delicate I am starting to think a cab on a cat might be a good thing, meanwhile I stay in the house till it warms up.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...