• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Party and Sask Energy are ****ing Farmers Good.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I notice "Colonies" seem to have "their own" high capacity lines.

Comment

Originally posted by tmyrfield View Post
      In my opinion, and feel free to prove me wrong. The high cost of public utilities in Sask., telephone, cell phone, power and natural gas are all the result of successive governments trying to appease the green lobby. The billions spent on carbon capture and storage at the coal fired generators and the ugly bird killing windmills is being recovered from our utility bills. the worst part is that trying to appease the global warming lobby will never ever be enough. Saskatchewan should never have started down that road. Cheap and reliable energy for businesses and households would have brought business and growth far faster and cheaper than any other government scheme.

Just wait till Moe's announcement of nuclear power generation to see the greenies heads explode...would almost be funny if it weren't so sad.
      Cellular and power rates in saskatchewan, or probably even canada for that matter are outrageous!!! Out of control really.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        I have a TransGas "NPS 4" line running across some of our land with a riser and service taps coming up on my land. This line is a higher pressure line big enough to service two smaller communities
        I asked them to tap into that site with a pressure regulator and my own line with no capacity constraints. It would be closer than any other of their options but they said that infrastructure is TransGas's not SaskEnergy's. That's why I asked if they are affiliated. Something is telling me they are.

I receive nothing in the form of compensation for inconvenience of having the line on my land or the above ground valves.
        Thats odd ?
        And if you hit them it would be your expense?
        I guess same as sask tel cans tho?

Comment

Hiring a horizontal bore machine putting in 3 in pipe some 2000 m would be 41000 so where does the other 80000 go. Oh Sask energy’s bottom line. Duck I wish farming was this easy to make money. Scam of the century the holding tank your paying for is owned by Sask energy and you pay for the gas after the meter.

Scam

Comment

And I’m a little Sask party supporter. Oh then the 2000 for inspection on new dryers yea that’s a money maker.

All in life is done to duck the primary producer.

Comment

As a former Saskenergy employee I can fill you in. A dryer is not a reliable source of revenue for them, compared to residential or commercial heating. Who knows when you are going to use it next. Might sit there for the next 10 yrs.

Thats why the cost recovery doesnt work for them so the burden is placed heavier on the end user.

A colony is a different beast. Couple dozen people using heating, barns, hot water.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                As a former Saskenergy employee I can fill you in. A dryer is not a reliable source of revenue for them, compared to residential or commercial heating. Who knows when you are going to use it next. Might sit there for the next 10 yrs.

Thats why the cost recovery doesnt work for them so the burden is placed heavier on the end user.

A colony is a different beast. Couple dozen people using heating, barns, hot water.

A grain dryer might be the most important 'harvest management' tool to be adopted if the current "harvest management tool" is banned.

I know guys that use it every year! Not because they "have to" but because they "want to"!

So are TransGas and SaskEnergy the same beast? TransGas infrastructure is the arteries and SaskEnergy the retail capillary infrastructure?

Comment

We have two heated garages plus a shop plus two homes and I agree if they ban roundup as a preharvest we will be drying way more in our area.

So yea demand will be big.

Again where does the extra 80000 go in the quote

Comment

[QUOTE=farmaholic;433379]A grain dryer might be the most important 'harvest management' tool to be adopted if the current "harvest management tool" is banned.

I know guys that use it every year! Not because they "have to" but because they "want to"!

So are TransGas and SaskEnergy the same beast? TransGas infrastructure is the arteries and SaskEnergy the retail capillary infrastructure?[/
                    SaskEnergy

SaskEnergy is a Crown corporation governed by the SaskEnergy Act. By legislation, Crown Investments Corporation of Saskatchewan (CIC) is the holding corporation for SaskEnergy, and has authority to establish direction for SaskEnergy.

SaskEnergy owns and operates a natural gas distribution utility which has the exclusive legislated franchise to distribute natural gas within Saskatchewan.

Our Subsidiaries

SaskEnergy's corporate structure consists of SaskEnergy plus four wholly owned subsidiaries: TransGas Limited, Bayhurst Gas Limited, Many Islands Pipe Lines (Canada) Limited and Saskatchewan First Call Corporation. In addition, SaskEnergy conducts operations through indirectly held subsidiary corporations: Bayhurst Energy Services Corporation and BG Storage Inc.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      So are TransGas and SaskEnergy the same beast? TransGas infrastructure is the arteries and SaskEnergy the retail capillary infrastructure?
                      That's essentially it but TransGas serves large industrial and commercial customers directly at higher pressures.

Cheapest way to get service is to get a group of people together to share the cost. The mob demob is a big part of the bill so that cost and some others can be shared among customers.

Transgas can do a direct tap to serve remote areas but it has to be for more customers otherwise they don't like doing it. Someone has to go and check those tap offs once a week.

Many people lie about how much gas they will use too. That's why there was so much under utilized capacity on the system. That might have changed now.

Also its good to know how much gas and pressure you will really need. I think up to 4 inch poly can be trenched in, larger sized or steel for higher pressures have to be excavated which is much more expensive. Under sizing your dryer a bit and putting crop through it slower over time might give you a much cheaper service.
                      Last edited by jazz; Nov 30, 2019, 18:04.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191130-182019.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	769163

The "aorta" and "arteries".

You would need a smaller localized map of your area to see the local "capillaries".
                        I have the map of my area.

Link to above map:

http://TransGas.com/maps/DetailedFacilityMapPDF.asp

Comment

In the begining 1970s here in alta NUL started by suppling gas to small towns and large consumers like schools and instutions that were in line of their pipeline,then Peter Loughead said lets gassify rural alta so we can sell gas instead of flaring,so the gas coops were formed,there was almost no on farm dryers then except in southern alta,the lines were engenered to meet consumer demand then came some chicken barns and hog barns but the lines were never engenered for those loads,some looping helped but asking for service for anyone is like asking for a rail spot just for your farm.

Comment

Probably sticking with propane and laying in a bunch of storage volume so as to unload super b's of propane may be best. Fill in low season.

Natural gas in a tank means either compressed or liquid either of which comes with a whole lot of costs.
                            There is common sense in setting up near a high pressure line and 3 phase but nothing is free and the logistics of hauling grain to other storage areas is a problem

Comment

The point I am trying to make is we are an existing customer since grant Devine put in Natural gas. Yea it changed the farm big time. Oil furnaces were thrown out and a nice clean heating source was put in. Then the new shop was build and wow nice clean heat. Two garages have heat for cars and trucks. Some took and some didn't and the ones who didn't really miss out.

My problem is with the cost of creating the holding tank. Who gets the extra $80,000.00 above the basic cost. Seems that Sask energy is ****ing farmers.

Comment

I don't think SaskEnergy installs fūck-all.....contractors do. Jazz?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...