• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seed Tax

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And don't forget even if farmers embrace new seed technologies to grow more and better....who is buying it....man who is moving it. ...there is a rail shit show still to come...

Both Moe and Marit have said second biggest crop with 7 percent still in field and the infrastructure can't handle it with 49 boats at the west coast....

Who is paying everyone else in the industry bills
    ...farmers eventually pick up the tab....

Comment

I am not holding out a lot of hope. For the liberals either.
      It was just a thought.

The seed co.s have deep pockets for lobbying.
      And when they get it all locked up.
      Farmers will reimburse that expense a thousand times till eternity.
      I will be out of the business before the worst of it hits.
      Even so ,
      I just find it incredibly scary.
      Everyone should.

Even Tom , seed growers are the first to go
      Once the farmer has his seed , you clean it and send
      Your check to the seed co. Or get deducted off
      Every bushel at the elevator. Every year.

They do not need the seed growers to collect for them
      Anymore.

Any owned free use seed you have right now .
      Is all you are ever gonna see.

Some recent wheat, peas , lentils etc..and
      The odd 30 year old canola varieties.
      That is it.

You will buy a yearly right to use agreement for
      Your seed .
      And you can never use it even if the patent expired.
      Because you never owned it.

If there were 30-40 companies truly competing.
      It might work fine .
      But that ain't gonna happen. Is it

Comment

Kind of looks like all the fancy new and expensive wheat variety's have some of the lowest falling numbers. They should be all rated for failing number in the seed guide.

Canterra markets ACC Connery and it is very hard thrashing so the Canterra rep tells me its a trade off...

" Its hard thrashing but keeps its quality in poor weather " Then he tells me " We have growers that have left it out all winter and it will still grade a 2 in the spring" This sound good to gullible me so i pay good money for Connery and for two years running low falling numbers!
        Its a good variety with short strong straw and a good FBH rating but if you can't get a decent falling number its not worth much.

Comment

Don’t plant a crop! See what happens. The rats will leave the ship. Problem is we are too far gone to hold any cards now.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
            Kind of looks like all the fancy new and expensive wheat variety's have some of the lowest falling numbers. They should be all rated for failing number in the seed guide.

Canterra markets ACC Connery and it is very hard thrashing so the Canterra rep tells me its a trade off...

" Its hard thrashing but keeps its quality in poor weather " Then he tells me " We have growers that have left it out all winter and it will still grade a 2 in the spring" This sound good to gullible me so i pay good money for Connery and for two years running low falling numbers!
            Its a good variety with short strong straw and a good FBH rating but if you can't get a decent falling number its not worth much.
            I suggested in early fall that the CGC or wheat commissions should be tracking and studying FN by area and variety. Not in mandate!!

Comment

all this FN horseshit is, is another deduction they can use against us ?
              how in the hell can they deduct a grade for SS , and deduct the same wheat for FN ???
              It's a ****ing joke , the wheat is still being bought and milled just at a lower price .just like the 2 row feed barley that needs 98 % germ
              HRSW price came fro RP today on a text , looks like it was written by a lawyer? wondering if i need to take it to the acct for deciphering ?

Comment

RICHARDSON PIONEER: NOV 27
                Adding another .27 cents to our posted bids (included in price below.)This is applicable to any 2 or 3 grades and any protein levels. This is a price guideline only:
                (for 2 Red: **HFN=High falling number: 290+**LFN=low falling number: 250-289) (discounts/premiums to apply based on grade, FN and Protein)

CWRS Based on 13.5 px (discounts applicable to px under 13.5 and premiums for above 13.5)
                November:
                1R: 5.89
                2R HFN: $5.69
                2R LFN: $5.49
                3R: $5.29
                --Deduct .30/bu for 13.0 px and .45 for 12.5 px)--
                FEED WHEAT
                Nov: $4.57
                Dec: $4.62

OATS:
                Dec: $3.35
                Jan/Feb: $3.35
                Mar: $3.35
                April/May: $3.45
                Sept/Oct 2020: $2.75
                Nov 2020: $2.75

BARLEY:
                Nov-Dec: $3.15
                Jan-Mar: $3.60

CANOLA:
                Dec: 9.39
                Jan: 9.51
                Feb: $9.60
                Mar: $9.72
                Apr: $9.79
                May: $9.90
                Jun: $9.93
                Jul: $10.05
                Oct 2020: $9.89
                DLVD YORKTON
                Mar: $9.82
                Apr: $10.34
                May: $10.34
                June: $10.60
                July: $10.71
                Oct 2020: $10.52

This text? Have to get someone from RP to explain it.

Comment

Yes, Isnt that text bizarre?
                  Last edited by Guest; Nov 27, 2019, 19:12.

Comment

You really have to know your falling number and the bazaar part is 7 grams of wheat for a test of 30 or 40 thousand bushels of wheat.

Comment

You guys are skating on thin ice!

Comment

Making shit upas they go along.

Comment

So for #2, 12.5 pro, FN@350 = $5.24/bushel?

World is temporarily awash in wheat again it sounds like. 👎

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                            Making shit upas they go along.
                            I think the grain buyers are making things up to suit the bottom line. Falling numbers are not a grading factor according to the CGC. Seems like they will use visual when it suits them and if that isn’t good for them then they dream up the falling number test or anything else to rack up the discounts. Should be fraud. I hope they get challenged in court on this. The CGC better implement some guidelines and rules that they must follow. Seems everyone is lined up to give us the brown end of the stick. Getting old.

Comment

I say falling number is "fn" real.

The problem is there are no values assigned to anything. It's a bit of a free-for-all.

What test value should be assigned to what grade and what's that wheat worth relative to its end use?

I contracted feed wheat for 5 bucks with a drying charge, CGC falling number of "85 seconds".

#2-12Px online quote......$4.66
                              #3-13Px online quote......$4.61

Yikes.

Explain that.

Edit in........ Better yet, WHAT are end users paying for the different falling number values?
                              Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 27, 2019, 21:33.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...