• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta sets $30-per-tonne carbon tax on large industrial emitters, aligning province

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To its shame AB has had a cap and tax scam going on with large emitters for more than a decade now. I have sold carbon credits years ago but have not done it in the past number of years because it is immoral even though with the past four years of crap weather I could use the money. So AB electric power bills have had a carbon tax on them for years. So I assume that this is just an update of the previous program. I have not seen any ads from aggregators like Farmers Edge and the like for a couple years now so had assumed that the scam was replaced by the carbon tax during the ENDP years.

Comment

Saskatchewan has had a carbon tax ever since saskpower started the expensive Carbon Capture Scam....dont know why that can't be used in negotiations with the federal government....except for the fact it costs more to maintain than the money they make from putting C02 back in a well...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
        Well tell me exactly how an oil sands facility which exports raw crude to the US passes its costs down to grannies natural gas bill which is set by the spot and near market.

Did you pass your extra grain heating costs on to Canadians?
        Instead of an oil sands producer what it the emitter is a fertilizer plant. -or cement plants or electrical generators all industri which Kenney actually mentioned now if their costs rise by x dollars do you actually think those x dollars will not be passed on to farmers whwere costs can be passed down the chain they will be. Farmers cannot pass on their costs if you did not know
        Last edited by dmlfarmer; Oct 30, 2019, 08:44.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
          Instead of an oil sands producer what it the emitter is a fertilizer plant. -or cement plants or electrical generators all industri which Kenney actually mentioned now if their costs rise by x dollars do you actually think those x dollars will not be passed on to farmers whwere costs can be passed down the chain they will be. Farmers cannot pass on their costs if you did not know
          Then its passed on to consumers of fertilizer and cement and not consumers of home heat. The exact opposite of Trudeaus plan.

At least there is technology for big single emitters to invest in. Scrubbers, offsets and even CCS. How TF does granny reduce her emissions except get a blanket.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
            Then its passed on to consumers of fertilizer and cement and not consumers of home heat. The exact opposite of Trudeaus plan.

At least there is technology for big single emitters to invest in. Scrubbers, offsets and even CCS. How TF does granny reduce her emissions except get a blanket.
            Oh you are Right jazz. A grannie that consumes nothing but heat generated from natural gas will not have to pay more. And yes farmess can afford higher fert bills i guess. And since grannie does not have electricity in your perfect con world but burns the natural gas right out the pipe she will not have higher electrical costs either. Only every one else.

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
              Oh you are Right jazz. A grannie that consumes nothing but heat generated from natural gas will not have to pay more. And yes farmess can afford higher fert bills i guess. And since grannie does not have electricity in your perfect con world but burns the natural gas right out the pipe she will not have higher electrical costs either. Only every one else.
              If you are going to deal with emissions, they are better dealt with at the source, not once they are distributed down to home heating bills.

Hell I don't want any carbon tax. I think its all a scam but obviously Kenny has been backed into a corner by the envirowhackos he has to throw them a bone to keep whats left of the industry alive before some climate radical govt kills it all dead.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                My wife says I am a big emitter. But maybe we are eating a way to many pulses?
                Dare we say...wait for it....we know you are full of SH*T

At least all the CLIMATE Cult admits any TAX such as "carbon" really on C02, is hurting everyone. Just realize ASAP that any such TAX will do SFA to save your AZZ from burning to h*ll in 11 years!
                Last edited by fjlip; Oct 30, 2019, 10:40.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...