• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta sets $30-per-tonne carbon tax on large industrial emitters, aligning province

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alberta sets $30-per-tonne carbon tax on large industrial emitters, aligning province

Alberta sets $30-per-tonne carbon tax on large industrial emitters, aligning province with federal law

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/alberta/article-alberta-launches-30-per-tonne-carbon-tax-to-take-effect-in-january/

This can't be good news for the flat earth society! Apparently Jason Kenney does believe human caused climate change is a problem. Kenney must be part of the conspiracy and fraud!

You can start calling Jason "Climate Kenney"!
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Oct 30, 2019, 06:33.

Hmmmm imagine if that would have been announced prior to the federal election

Comment

He is just another pig at the trough
      You obviously have a stake in the carbon tax scam
      You seem happy that you may be taxed more
      Wtf is wrong with you

Comment

My wife says I am a big emitter. But maybe we are eating a way to many pulses?

Comment

Chuck, is this the same Jason Kenney that Jazz et al wants to lead western Canada in separation? The same Kenney who in his budget last week cut ag funding more than any other government department on a percentage basis? The one who is budgeting a deficit 2 billion higher than the NDP had? The one who campaigned on a $20 large emitter carbon tax before being elected with the tax being used for new technology only to win and now introduces a $30 carbon tax where only half of the money collected is going for new research and tech, and half to government coffers? You can't be right, he is a Conservative.

Comment

Hmmmm maybe Jason should accept the award

Comment

Olive branch to PM so he takes it off grannies trying to heat their home. At least its on somebody who can afford it.

Kenny also confirmed he is going to visit Trump and lay the ground work for our new deal. Its going to be a sweet time watching Canadas oil production double.

Comment

Actually, its time for Chucky, Dml, Integrity and Grassy to admit that they are all wrong about Kenney.

Just a note, I have never posted about Kenney at anytime.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                  Olive branch to PM so he takes it off grannies trying to heat their home. At least its on somebody who can afford it.

Kenny also confirmed he is going to visit Trump and lay the ground work for our new deal. Its going to be a sweet time watching Canadas oil production double.
                  And of course a new tax (or any charge) on the large emitters will never be passed on to the consumer? Just like all tax breaks large industry receive trickle down to consumers and are never used to buy back shares and as distruuibutions to share holders. My god, are you that naïve or simply a troll?

Comment

It may be better than an exemption like Trudeau gave to large emitters. ....

I think the better way is to measure the emissions and then give them time to fix it....with penalties if progress isn't made within a reasonable time...

Comment

Originally posted by dmlfarmer View Post
                      And of course a new tax (or any charge) on the large emitters will never be passed on to the consumer? Just like all tax breaks large industry receive trickle down to consumers and are never used to buy back shares and as distruuibutions to share holders. My god, are you that naïve or simply a troll?
                      Well tell me exactly how an oil sands facility which exports raw crude to the US passes its costs down to grannies natural gas bill which is set by the spot and near market.

Did you pass your extra grain heating costs on to Canadians?

Comment

Lol the breakfast club got together this morning, how cute .

Comment

All that carbon tax will do is drive more capital out of this country. Kenny is a liberal. Looks like a few more steps down the economic latter

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                            All that carbon tax will do is drive more capital out of this country. Kenny is a liberal. Looks like a few more steps down the economic latter
                            Its an olive branch to industry too saying they will pay a bit but its also a carrot to look for some tech to help and a local fund is created for that purpose. It already has more sense than Trudeaus carbon tax funds into nothing.

He lowered the corp tax rate so I doubt this will have a big financial impact. Virtue signalling Ab style.

Comment

Another knife in Scheer's back.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...