• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly out of control lefties

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 1000 times worse was a reference to the politicians more than the weather.

10 years of severe drought is far worse than a rainy, snowy, shitty harvest, desert or not.

If the weather improves here a lot of crop will come off in October November. Some of it is not worth taking off, but when there is a severe drought nothing much grows period.

I doubt Syrian farmers have crop insurance or agristability as flawed as they are.

As bad as farming can be here, most farmers are doing okay relatively speaking. Many, much better than okay.
    It is still very stressful and hard on farm families. But this weekend be thankfull for what you have.
    If you are pissed off and stressed you are not alone.
    Last edited by chuckChuck; Oct 13, 2019, 10:39.

Comment

As I said there can be many factors. But the top US military leaders have said climate change and drought were one of them and maybe the initial most important factor.

Are they wrong? Do you think they are making this up? Make your case.

I think most reasonable people would pay attention when world class organizations like the US military identify climate change as a threat, but I don't think you will ever be convinced by anyone or anything. So be it!
      ..cut and paste but represents my thoughts...didnt read your second article was behind a paywall:
      ver since I started reading climate change material, I have become convinced it is political and financial propaganda.

I will clarify by saying that I don’t mean that the climate is not changing, but that the causes and actual changes are being used as political tools and are seemingly exaggerated.

Lets take a look at the Bloomberg article linked to this question (Pentagon Warns of Dire Risk to Bases, Troops From Climate Change).

The first thing that jumps out to me, as an amateur propaganda watcher, is that they don’t attach the actual Pentagon report, which is pretty sloppy for a professional news service who wrote a whole article on it. Or, more likely, they wanted to make it less available to readers.

A one minute Google search later - here ya go: https://media.defense.gov/2019/J...

Now, the article is entitled “Pentagon Warns of Dire Risk to Bases, Troops From Climate Change”.

“Dire Risk”…

So the Bloomberg article brings one solid example of climate change:

“U.S. military facilities are already encountering some of the effects, the Pentagon says, noting that Joint Base Langley-Eustis in Virginia has experienced 14 inches of sea-level rise since 1930. ”

“Dire Risk”…

Upon briefly reviewing the article, it seems to be a common sense document saying that bases who are near water need to be designed for flood risk, and those in drought areas need to be designed for fire risk.

No warning of dire threats…

ANGLES

The Pentagon is asking for money.

The Democrats are using the report to bash Trump.

The reality?

14 inch sea level rise in one location since 1930.

Nothing about reducing emissions or urgent measures…

Comment

Chuck, I agree but we can’t fix the whole world. There appear to be systemic hatrid amongst the people ( religions included). You know, even here, there are people who spend all their time fighting and letting negative forces eat at them, causing stress for all around them. Much as we hate to watch their pain, it is systemic and no one can get through to them. Change what we can and run from the rest - know the difference.

Comment

Sorry - double post

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            If arrogance is the problem, then there is a very simple way to make someone humble in a hurry: Prove them wrong, especially in public such as this, and particularly on an issue which they make very black and white statements about.

So go through some of the old post where Chuck and I have been discussing various issues, find some assertions I have made, or questions I have asked of Chuck which remain unanswered, find the facts that prove Chuck right, and me wrong, and I guarantee I will be much more humble in the future whenever I attempt to correct what I see as a fallacy.

A good place to start is just a few days ago when Chuck made the assertion that the fossil fuel industry is in decline, and I asked for some evidence of that. My request remains unanswered, so perhaps you could help Chuck out and answer for him.

It would be a much more productive use of both of our's time.
            Or not...

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
              Happy Thanksgiving!

Be thankful you live in Canada and not Syria! As bad as the Canadian weather and politicians can be it is 1000 times worse in Syria.
              Well said Chuck. I am thankful every single day that I won the genetic lottery to be born in the time and place that I was. The citizens of Syria have unthinkable horrors all beyond their control, and as time passes, it doesn't matter which side they are/were on, and they have no were to run. Pawns and collateral in an international game. I'll take an unseasonable blizzard and some inept politicians over that any day.

We can even be grateful that we have the luxury to sit here and argue about global warming, while they are in a life and death struggle for survival.

It truly can't even be quantified how much better we have it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...