• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honestly out of control lefties

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bin Lurking View Post
    You've already lost the debate about the fact that you're arrogant
    Tweety by far and away the most arrogant poster on here in the past decade. Most of us put up with him lol.
    AF5 brings more to these discussions than 90% of the posters here . Put you big boy pants on and don’t be like one of those lefty cry baby snowflakes.

Comment

Here is chuck at it again with blatant BS blaming ME tensions on climate change. What a fing crock. There are places in Africa that could grow 3 crops a year and yet people starve. Wonder why?

Fossil fuels are being used right now to secure your food supply for the next year. So you dont want us to do that? Just to be clear, food security is not a concern for you if it involves using FF? Please dont be a hypocrit, we have lots of those already in our pathetic govt.

Comment

Sure doesn't take long for a liberal to resort to name calling!!🤣

Comment

Climate change (the little ice age) did cause a war between France and England over the fur trade in North America.

Comment

Just because he is right does not mean he is arrogant lol.
            Wait but it does to some lol

Comment

If arrogance is the problem, then there is a very simple way to make someone humble in a hurry: Prove them wrong, especially in public such as this, and particularly on an issue which they make very black and white statements about.

So go through some of the old post where Chuck and I have been discussing various issues, find some assertions I have made, or questions I have asked of Chuck which remain unanswered, find the facts that prove Chuck right, and me wrong, and I guarantee I will be much more humble in the future whenever I attempt to correct what I see as a fallacy.

A good place to start is just a few days ago when Chuck made the assertion that the fossil fuel industry is in decline, and I asked for some evidence of that. My request remains unanswered, so perhaps you could help Chuck out and answer for him.

It would be a much more productive use of both of our's time.

Comment

Iraq and syria where part of the ottoman empire before WWI. The ottomans lost the war as a member of the axis alliance and England and France decided to split the empire up into a bunch of countries with arbitrary borders. Since the borders didn’t reflect the ethnic groups within the countries, strong arm dictators were required to keep things under some kind of control. Removal of those dictators or weakening of others has allowed those ethnic groups to vie for power. The wars are about power and control not starvation.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Just because he is right does not mean he is arrogant lol.
                  Wait but it does to some lol
                  Shortly after getting married I said something similar to my wife when she commented about the way I argue with her when I think I'm right. I think my actual response was that I only argue when I know I am right.

Needless to say it wasn't the right answer in that situation. Almost got that one patched up 14 years later...

But it is true, I try to avoid voicing opinions about issues that don't have a right and wrong answer.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                    Shortly after getting married I said something similar to my wife when she commented about the way I argue with her when I think I'm right. I think my actual response was that I only argue when I know I am right.

Needless to say it wasn't the right answer in that situation. Almost got that one patched up 14 years later...

But it is true, I try to avoid voicing opinions about issues that don't have a right and wrong answer.
                    A most excellent way to approach life 👍

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	sec.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	769029.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        [ATTACH]5116[/ATTACH].
                        That stunt didn't workout so well for the actor in Chicago that tied a rope around his neck and hired a couple of his buds to rough him up.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
                          Iraq and syria where part of the ottoman empire before WWI. The ottomans lost the war as a member of the axis alliance and England and France decided to split the empire up into a bunch of countries with arbitrary borders. Since the borders didn’t reflect the ethnic groups within the countries, strong arm dictators were required to keep things under some kind of control. Removal of those dictators or weakening of others has allowed those ethnic groups to vie for power. The wars are about power and control not starvation.
                          Climate change is just one factor when it comes to conflicts. There are numerous others. But the US military is saying it is a factor and cites a 10 year drought in Syria. Why would they even mention drought and climate change if it wasn't a factor in conflicts and security issues? These aren't just low level leaders, these are the former Secretary of Defense and the Airforce Chief of Staff. Do you think these guys make things up? Why would they say it if it wasn't true?

Maybe you missed this part of my post.
                          "Speaking before the Senate Armed Forces Committee on Thursday, Gen. David L. Goldfein, Air Force chief of staff, cited the conflict in Syria as an example of how climate change’s impact is already destabilizing some nations. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) asked about recent comments made by Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr.

“Most don’t remember what caused the Syria conflict to start,” Goldfein said. “It started because of a 10-year drought.”

“I think what . . . Chairman Dunford was talking about was that we have to respond militarily very often to the effects of, globally, of climate change.”

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                            Climate change is just one factor when it comes to conflicts. There are numerous others. But the US military is saying it is a factor and cites a 10 year drought in Syria. Why would they even mention drought and climate change if it wasn't a factor in conflicts and security issues? These aren't just low level leaders, these are the former Secretary of Defense and the Airforce Chief of Staff. Do you think these guys make things up? Why would they say it if it wasn't true?

Maybe you missed this part of my post.
                            "Speaking before the Senate Armed Forces Committee on Thursday, Gen. David L. Goldfein, Air Force chief of staff, cited the conflict in Syria as an example of how climate change’s impact is already destabilizing some nations. Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) asked about recent comments made by Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Joseph F. Dunford Jr.

“Most don’t remember what caused the Syria conflict to start,” Goldfein said. “It started because of a 10-year drought.”

“I think what . . . Chairman Dunford was talking about was that we have to respond militarily very often to the effects of, globally, of climate change.”
                            So, how unprecedented is a 10 year drought in Syria? We have recorded, and proxy records going back 1000's of years in that part of the world.

Do you think the proposed pipeline across Syria has anything to do with it? Hint, it has been effectively stalled as long as the civil war rages on.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              So, how unprecedented is a 10 year drought in Syria? We have recorded, and proxy records going back 1000's of years in that part of the world.

Do you think the proposed pipeline across Syria has anything to do with it? Hint, it has been effectively stalled as long as the civil war rages on.
                              As I said there can be many factors. But the top US military leaders have said climate change and drought were one of them and maybe the initial most important factor.

Are they wrong? Do you think they are making this up? Make your case.

I think most reasonable people would pay attention when world class organizations like the US military identify climate change as a threat, but I don't think you will ever be convinced by anyone or anything. So be it!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Be thankful you live in Canada and not Syria! As bad as the Canadian weather and politicians can be it is 1000 times worse in Syria.
                              Last edited by chuckChuck; Oct 13, 2019, 09:10.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                                Be thankful you live in Canada and not Syria! As bad as the Canadian weather and politicians can be it is 1000 times worse in Syria.
                                The weather is 1000 times worse in Syria? I think you have that backwards.

Take a look at an earth vegetation map and you will see bands of desserts across the entire globes that line up with the Tropic of Cancer and Capricorn lines. Mother nature has been creating these regions long before humans were ever a factor

Click image for larger version

Name:	tropic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	769030

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...