• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Day 10 no harvesting and its getting sick already.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Just a quick question, does all your total income come from the farm or is it a second kinda bonus income ?
    Realize that Sask farmers are not 100% covered by insurance...... not even remotely close .
    Gives one a whole different perspective as to weather, lost grades , huge grade discounts and lost income not covered at all .
    From the farm, but does it help to keep whining about it? No.

Here's your forecast, better ramp up the posts, maybe that'll change the weather. It's all how you look at life, change what you can, meh what you can't. Prices are going up, so see its not all bad.

https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/high-impact-snowstorm-for-southern-manitoba-northwestern-ontario-this-thanksgiving-weekend-dangerous-travel-blizzard-conditions https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca/news/article/high-impact-snowstorm-for-southern-manitoba-northwestern-ontario-this-thanksgiving-weekend-dangerous-travel-blizzard-conditions

Comment

Glowbullshit warming at its finest

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
        Glowbullshit warming at its finest
        Was the weather network on the receiving end of a portion of the 600 million?

Comment

Wiki "The Weather Network" ...... guess who is behind them.

The Weather Network was licensed by the*Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission*on December 1, 1987[1]*and began broadcasting on September 1, 1988 as*WeatherNow, under the ownership of engineering firm Lavalin Inc. (now known as*SNC-Lavalin) and*Landmark Communications.[2]*The channel gained its present name on May 1, 1989. In the early years, TWN, and its sister channel, MétéoMédia, shared a single television feed via*analogue*transponder*on one of the*Aniksatellites, with computer-generated local*forecasts*airing on one while the*video*feed*of a live forecaster or*commercials*aired on the other. The two services began to run separately starting in 1994, while both were still based in Montreal. Local forecasts were generated using the same systems owned by The Weather Channel in the U.S. called*WeatherStar.[3]*TWN began using its own system called PMX in 1996, which is still in use today. Pelmorex purchased The Weather Network from SNC-Lavalin in 1993, two years after the merger of SNC and Lavalin.[2]*The channel launched its website in 1996.

Comment

I hope Elizabeth May and McKenna are rubbing their legs together for heat cause no fossil fuel for them.

Comment

Will I cross the line into being an old man if I go to bed at 8 p.m.?
              After an all-nighter combining stint.
              Canola then a small patch of wheat I left behind on a half section that I used to purge the combine before starting yeĺlow mustard.

Do I get overtime and double time or just the honor of having someone pick apart my grain and pay me as little as possible for the results of my efforts?!
              Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 8, 2019, 20:06.

Comment

The two day and night harvesting window is coming to an end here. Be a lot of guys around here ready for a lie in when this crap hits. YR indicating 90mm by Sunday. Not sure what direction these bands are forecast to go in North Dakota but it looks ugly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-10-08 at 9.45.32 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	769011

Comment

Farmaholic, did you get your mustard?

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                    The two day and night harvesting window is coming to an end here. Be a lot of guys around here ready for a lie in when this crap hits. YR indicating 90mm by Sunday. Not sure what direction these bands are forecast to go in North Dakota but it looks ugly.

[ATTACH]5090[/ATTACH]
                    Not good. Increased amounts for Manitoba in latest runs. Might have to break into the feed pile

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Will I cross the line into being an old man if I go to bed at 8 p.m.?
                      After an all-nighter combining stint.
                      Canola then a small patch of wheat I left behind on a half section that I used to purge the combine before starting yeĺlow mustard.

Do I get overtime and double time or just the honor of having someone pick apart my grain and pay me as little as possible for the results of my efforts?!
                      yes,
                      no to the OT

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        Farmaholic, did you get your mustard?
                        Some of it.

It had the worst start of all our crops. Two stages, and the second still isn't ready but is harvestable.

Needless to say it is barely dry to "fookin" TOUGH.

Will continue the "salvage" operation when the snow from last night goes away.... fück me!

Comment

Will minus 5 to minus 10 freeze dry Wht?
                          Have enough muck to dry.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                            Will minus 5 to minus 10 freeze dry Wht?
                            Have enough muck to dry.
                            I wouldn't count on it. Starting Sept 27th our daily lows have ranged from -3 to -11( Oct 1), and still nothing was even dry enough to get a test on. In spite of some good drying days prior to yesterday. Or I should say, not fast enough. Does do wonders for drying the mud though.

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                              From the farm, but does it help to keep whining about it.
                              Everyone deals with stress differently. For some keeping it inside and doing meditation and yoga etc are enough. Others need to vocalize and it helps to know you are not alone. Everyone on this forum will deal with stress and others need to remember that it is hard to put emotion into typed letters. Those farmers who seem to have it made and seem to have everything may have more stress than others because they have done nothing but work and tend to have over stressed friends also.

I have found it is often hard to differentiate the grumbling and complaining from the stress relieving conversations that are needed. Often they are both occuring at the same time. One of the problems with computers/cell phones/social media is that there is a lot less face to face events that occur. Emotionally that can be a problem. Harvest and seeding tend to be large periods of poor physical activity with increased stress levels. Not a good combination.

Comment

May as we’ll do something useful today

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...