• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clocks a tickin’ out here in the already muddy hills. The peas are now mostly off and that’s all for combining. Second cut is coming down and getting rinsed nightly. Some barley is being swathed while dodging any low areas.

Mowed down some volunteer canola on 20 acres that was supposed to go to alfalfa but couldn’t since it was too wet. Should make silage bales in a few days to keep the moo moos happy. Also started cutting newly seeded alfalfa/ canola/ wild oats that will get wrapped too. There’s still 1,000 acres to cut and bale .......... running short on help so don’t think it’s going to get done before everything falls apart weather wise.

Can someone remind me what a harvest without mud, snow, crops that are later than late ............. is like? Last decent one was 2015 which was just after my kids were born ......... they’re thinking it’s always this way😉

Comment

I seen snow was advised for next weekend somewhere not good but maybe it will finally freeze and get this shot show straightened out

Comment

Ya temps next week not good
        Certainly did not need another rain delay
        September nearly gone
        This not looking good again

Comment

Yep, forget about sell the swather.
          Start thinking about sell the farm.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B06B33+LTJekWWooo+tJxg.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	767777

starting tuesday night Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 17.
            Night Clear. Low plus 4.
            Wed, 25 Sep Cloudy with 60 percent chance of showers. High 13.
            Night Clear. Low plus 3.
            Thu, 26 Sep Cloudy. High 13.
            Night Cloudy with 40 percent chance of showers. Low plus 5.
            Fri, 27 Sep Cloudy with 30 percent chance of showers. High 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Zephyr View Post
              And spraying twice is proper labeled usage?

And glyphosate isn't legally usable to dry down crop anyway.

And then guys like you can't figure out why the public hates us and wants glyphosate banner.

We ain't btos and swath everything. Spray late in fall fields clean crop in bin dry.

Sometimes gotta just be patient and swath later...

Half done barley 70 wheat 35-40 canola who knows beans same.

Southcentral Manitoba... Not on the good dirt.
              90 % of anything swathed here is ****ed
              Be glad your in SW Mb and not NE Sk have not had 3 days in a row without rain since august, and nud and water everywhere. This is a pic from 2016, not that bad yet
              I dont give a **** how patient you are you cant lay swaths in mud
              We have done this many times, unless you have been there , you have no clue
              Dont comment on things you know sfa aboutClick image for larger version

Name:	784D3253-39E5-4389-86C4-1A13495626C9.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	767778Click image for larger version

Name:	784D3253-39E5-4389-86C4-1A13495626C9.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	767778

Comment

Like I am going to care if some know nothing suburban family thinks glyphosate is bad because CBC told them. At this point my fing paycheck to feed my family is laying out there and I am going to use whatever is needed to bring it in.

Comment

Harvesting conditions have gone downhill in southern MB in the last few days. We are close to 2" since Wednesday with another 1"+ in the forecast today before it quits. Water lying everywhere around Winnipeg yesterday but at least they only have their corn and beans still out. Came past some beans where you could look up the rows and it was like a paddy field, water between every row - does it harm them getting their feet that wet at this stage?

Comment

Prices showing no sign of improving for good quality stuff. Guess there is lots of old crop still around to keep prices pathetically low.
                    Could you imagine if this harvest had zero issues where prices would be today?
                    Getting harder to make a living at this job.
                    The snakes, thieves, and crooks are on full patrol.

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                      Prices showing no sign of improving for good quality stuff. Guess there is lots of old crop still around to keep prices pathetically low.
                      Could you imagine if this harvest had zero issues where prices would be today?
                      Getting harder to make a living at this job.
                      The snakes, thieves, and crooks are on full patrol.
                      In all my years I have never seen fall weather move prices. The best movement of prices is in the early spring after breakup and in June when there is a lot of unknown and uncertainty about the crop. You will have to hold this one to get a bump.

Comment

Never had experience with standing wheat out through winter but had it flattened a couple of times from heavy fall snow, able to harvest before winter but not much fun.
                        Did have swathed wheat go through winter once, biggest problem was wildlife damage.
                        Present situation has standing wheat degraded to feed, have to decide to give harvest priority to standing wheat or swathed canola.

Comment

Extreme wet is different thing to 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐥 with .

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                            The hutts canola going 55 Mine goin over 60 bu to thee acre !

Awesome !
                            We expect ours to go about 62-65....

On its way to the crush plant!

Comment

I’ll top a hundred Canola and finally join the BTO club.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                                I’ll top a hundred Canola and finally join the BTO club.
                                That has to be the quarter section average!
                                Not just some cherry picked swath.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...