• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trudeau the Racist

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So telling the truth about Indians is racist? The Americans have the same problem with blacks as we do with Indians . So I’m a racist in both countries now .

Comment

Originally posted by Radical View Post
      So telling the truth about Indians is racist? The Americans have the same problem with blacks as we do with Indians . So I’m a racist in both countries now .
      "I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
      Some First Nations people are assholes. But so are some white people.
      Don't let the actions of a few people, influence your opinion of their entire race.
      That's called prejudice.

Comment

Originally posted by HITTGrapevine View Post
        "I look to a day when people will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
        Don't let the actions of a few people, influence your opinion of their entire race.
        That's called prejudice.
        Good point ..I have worked with first nations and they have told me they don't want the life on the reserve....they like their house in the city , their job and the opportunity for their kids....

Interesting fact ...the one guy said they become ostracized when they go back to the reserve to visit...soon they don't go....its called integrating into society and it actually works better ...rather than keeping them fenced in on a reserve....

Comment

......it is possible to be both sympathetic and critical of the same subject at the same time.

A coin is a perfect analogy of every situation....
          How many sides does a coin have?
          There are three sides to a coin...
          Heads is your side of the story
          Tails is my side of the story
          And the thin edge that divides them is "the truth"!

Comment

That's called prejudice.
            Released yesterday:

Try visiting the St. Paul's hospital and park in public parking from midnight to 6 am for a period of three months and if you are fortunate enough to make it; be so kind as to report back on your findings. While my mother didn't make it; it was only luck that I did - and that is not an embellishment. If Furrow thinks his area is out of control, there are areas in Saskatoon that are close behind. You can avoid the altercations and there were many in 3 months - like I try when possible - or face reality - like I had to in order to see my Mother in her final stages of life. That doesn't make me a racist - it is the reality where I live.

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/en/pub/85-002-x/2019001/article/00014-eng.pdf?st=cO94dYWL HOT LINK:

CONTEXT:

https://www150.statcan.gc.ca/n1/en/pub/85-002-x/2019001/article/00014-eng.pdf?st=cO94dYWL

Crime remains a major challenge in Saskatchewan where, in 2018, the police-reported crime rate was more than double the
            national overall crime rate. This difference has remained consistent over time. The over representation of Indigenous people
            in the criminal justice system in Saskatchewan also represents a major challenge. While Indigenous people represented 16%
            of the Saskatchewan population in 2016, 74% of adult admissions to custody in 2017/2018 were Indigenous offenders.
            Between 2011 and 2036, the Saskatchewan population is projected to increase 16% (according to a medium growth
            scenario). Population growth varies greatly by Indigenous identity: while the non-Indigenous population in the province is
            projected to grow by 10%, the Indigenous population is projected to grow by 46%.
            Taking into account the projected evolution of the Saskatchewan population—and the relationship between the demographic
            characteristics of the population and the probability of coming into contact with the criminal justice system as a person
            accused of committing a crime—the number of people aged 12 and older who come into contact with police between 2011
            and 2036 is projected to increase by 27%. Therefore, in relative terms, it is expected that the number of individuals who have
            contact with the criminal justice system will greatly exceed population growth.
            The projected growth in the number of contacts would come from an increase in the number of Indigenous people who come
            into contact with police in Saskatchewan. As the Indigenous population is projected to grow by 46%, the number of
            Indigenous people who come into contact with police would increase by 58%. In contrast, the number of non-Indigenous
            people who come into contact with police would decrease by 14%.

Comment

That's called prejudice.
              I know I am probably one of the only one on this site with 40% of our harvest crew is First Nations
              They are awesome people and workers .
              Far from racist , but I am a realist , so are they

Comment

This is how a real leader (diplomat) answers a question.
                And why isn't it on CBC

https://youtu.be/_QAcTmTqwsA https://youtu.be/_QAcTmTqwsA

Comment

Originally posted by LWeber View Post
                  Released yesterday:

Crime remains a major challenge in Saskatchewan where, in 2018, the police-reported crime rate was more than double the
                  national overall crime rate. This difference has remained consistent over time. The over representation of Indigenous people
                  in the criminal justice system in Saskatchewan also represents a major challenge. While Indigenous people represented 16%
                  of the Saskatchewan population in 2016, 74% of adult admissions to custody in 2017/2018 were Indigenous offenders.
                  Between 2011 and 2036, the Saskatchewan population is projected to increase 16% (according to a medium growth
                  scenario). Population growth varies greatly by Indigenous identity: while the non-Indigenous population in the province is
                  projected to grow by 10%, the Indigenous population is projected to grow by 46%.
                  Taking into account the projected evolution of the Saskatchewan population—and the relationship between the demographic
                  characteristics of the population and the probability of coming into contact with the criminal justice system as a person
                  accused of committing a crime—the number of people aged 12 and older who come into contact with police between 2011
                  and 2036 is projected to increase by 27%. Therefore, in relative terms, it is expected that the number of individuals who have
                  contact with the criminal justice system will greatly exceed population growth.
                  The projected growth in the number of contacts would come from an increase in the number of Indigenous people who come
                  into contact with police in Saskatchewan. As the Indigenous population is projected to grow by 46%, the number of
                  Indigenous people who come into contact with police would increase by 58%. In contrast, the number of non-Indigenous
                  people who come into contact with police would decrease by 14%.
                  Yes, LWeber we have a huge challenge ahead of us in Saskatchewan. I do not deny that
                  An important part of the solution, in my opinion, starts with a guy like Furrow, who is giving First Nations people a chance to prove themselves.
                  Not all First Nations people are good people. But the minute we start closing doors on the entire race, we are no longer working toward a solution, we are contributing to the problem.
                  Reality sucks, but virtuous behaviour transcends.

Comment

Yes, LWeber we have a huge challenge ahead of us in Saskatchewan. I do not deny that
                    An important part of the solution, in my opinion, starts with a guy like Furrow, who is giving First Nations people a chance to prove themselves.
                    Not all First Nations people are good people. But the minute we start closing doors on the entire race, we are no longer working toward a solution, we are contributing to the problem.
                    The important part is realizing what we are doing today is not working.

We have mini reserves in Saskatoon.

That's not the answer nor is the U of S declaring they are on treaty 6 land every event I attend. Every single one. Acknowledgement doesn't change the past. Removing statues of John A is not the answer either. Right or wrong...we have history and are babies compared to Europe. They have sidewalks 3x older than Canada's confederation yet statues still abound ...good bad or indifferent.

We elect spineless politically correct talking heads with speaking notes and call them leaders and expect those same people to change our situation for the better.

How's that working so far?

Comment

First Nations have hitched their wagon to the govt forever and its only ever brought misery for them. Thats the biggest problem. Now they are virtual child wards of the state in perpetuity. I dont see any catalyst coming that will break them out of that. There are reserves literally miles from hutterite colonies. Its not like the template for some sort of success is hidden from them.

Comment

G**** it’s not a few people. Talk to nurses ,hotel workers police etc. I actually am not racist, i can see and hear what going on ,

Comment

That’s a misconception that I give these guys a chance . These guys are self successful, one an ex NHL player now independent business guy we’ve known all our lives. The other is a journeyman election that used to work in the Uranium mines up north . Both have made their own path , and see exactly what the rest of us see. Like any working person regardless of race or background. Race has little to do with it , it’s what you make of yourself in life and a decent upbringing at home is where it starts .
                          Learn to work and not be a freeloader in society ....that just leads to trouble regardless if your black , white , purple , pink what ever . The race card is just a lazy crutch ...

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            That’s a misconception that I give these guys a chance . These guys are self successful, one an ex NHL player now independent business guy we’ve known all our lives. The other is a journeyman election that used to work in the Uranium mines up north . Both have made their own path , and see exactly what the rest of us see. Like any working person regardless of race or background. Race has little to do with it , it’s what you make of yourself in life and a decent upbringing at home is where it starts .
                            Learn to work and not be a freeloader in society ....that just leads to trouble regardless if your black , white , purple , pink what ever . The race card is just a lazy crutch ...
                            Ronnie and Blair are too old...I give up...🙂

Comment

The only answer is that we all have to get to the point where we are all equal and look at each other as equal. We can be different but cannotbe unequal. Some can’t pay for some to do nothing. If some are qualified most for a job that’s who should get the job. On and on. If you don’t want to work and contribute to society then no money either. Chiefs have to be accountable so do our politicians not buying votes. If you do a crime you go to jail and that’s who is in jail right now your in not because of race it’s because you did a crime.
                              News reporters have to start reporting the whole story not just where we are at or one side to blame and one side innocent victim.
                              Last edited by the big wheel; Sep 20, 2019, 20:10.

Comment

It seems as though every time Trudeau has a scandal by groping women, taking an illegal holiday, obstructs justice, weird behaviour by painting his face black/brown Liberals try to turn it into a learning lesson for everyone else in Canada.....instead of focusing on the virtue signalling hypocrite himself.

Do Trudeau’s choices make you question his intelligence to be PM?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...