• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	20190910_112232.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	767762

Both harvested before the rain.
    One was preharvest straight cut the other swather.
    It might be hard to distinguish the difference from the pictures but one has "lower" HVK than the other.
    14.0 and 13.7 Px. 66 lbs/bu.
    Supposedly a #1 and #2....lol. Ya right, ok.....

Comment

I am hoping the weather will improve but the two rains we had in the last 10 days have greened the pastures up and it would seem caused the stalled canola to quickly start to turn. I swathed a small field of barley almost 2 weeks ago and there it lays, hope it dries one of these days. Had 2 other fields of barley that I pre harvested 11 days ago that now look ripe and almost ready to go.

Started swathing Canola the week, between 70 and 80% color change, Invigor 234, looks good. Lots of Canols being swathed this week. Some a little uneven. I was surprised the one field of canola I had fungicided, the other I had not. There was no sclerotinia in the fungicided field but there was in the one without it, just about the first time I have had any luck with fungicide in Canola.

Hoping to get back to scraping our peas off the dirt today, certainly beginning to doubt the wisdom of growing peas, the cost in combine wear looks to be much greater than the potential profit.

I would say 50% of wheat around here is finished with pre harvest app. I would say by the end of next week this job will be complete. Wheat crops look good, roughly 2 weeks behind normal. Anyway looking forward to the sun that is forecast for today. Enjoy your day.

Comment

Second cut is coming back nice. Too bad the weather isn’t “nice” ............... I guess the cows will graze it instead of fighting to make bales out of it.

The leaves look great and it’s just got a couple of blooms ........... the pairs should love it in a few weeks whenever their grass runs out.

Finally a few of the bred heifers enjoying a bit of sun which has been pretty rare.

Hopefully this weeks forecast is better than called for to get some field work done. 🍀

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...