• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn’t Churchill used for oil transportation?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why isn’t Churchill used for oil transportation?

Why isn’t a pipeline built to Churchill and then shipped around to the east coast refineries?

Good point, I agree with this one.

Comment

Did it’s first wheat shipment this month must have got the track in shape which is great!

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
        Did it’s first wheat shipment this month must have got the track in shape which is great!
        The government paid to repair the line after omnitrax was given 15 million a year to insure that was being done....

You guys know the 110 million that was given to the Churchill railway owner works out to a buck a bushel subsidy based on a 300000 tonne shipping program for 10 years ....

You do the math....then ask if that money will ever see its way back to the farm level.....

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          The government paid to repair the line after omnitrax was given 15 million a year to insure that was being done....

You guys know the 110 million that was given to the Churchill railway owner works out to a buck a bushel subsidy based on a 300000 tonne shipping program for 10 years ....

You do the math....then ask if that money will ever see its way back to the farm level.....
          It does sound bad how it all went down and hopefully it goes for 10yrs or more but if it wasnt gonna stand on it's own before why will it now? Even if that money doesn't get back to the farm level at least it should help movement and free up space for West. Wonder how long the shipping season can be up there? I bet some northern guys will see some price improvement.

Comment

Someone correct me if I’m wrong but I think shipping season is app 3 months.

Comment

Originally posted by GDR View Post
              It does sound bad how it all went down and hopefully it goes for 10yrs or more but if it wasnt gonna stand on it's own before why will it now? Even if that money doesn't get back to the farm level at least it should help movement and free up space for West. Wonder how long the shipping season can be up there? I bet some northern guys will see some price improvement.
              Look back on some of the comments from the WGEA when that money was handed out....if the big boys don't put a run on AGT ...then they are going to have to make room for him at the Friday's teas eventually....

What is interesting is how quick the 150 million through EDC showed up for canola exporters to find markets they apparently hadn't been looking for...

Maybe the graincos have welcomed a new member to the Friday gathering....

Comment

Originally posted by Radical View Post
                If that ,,,,although global warming was supposed to lengthen it...I just gotta quit saying stupid shit and laughing....

Comment

Pretty sure you need a good track to rail oil. There is A lot of the track in Canada that isn’t good enough for it. I can’t see that line going Churchill being in the good category

Comment

You mean climate change hasn't given them ice-free access all year long? Can't be!

Comment

12 months now
                      Sea ice all gone lol

Comment

Years ago CN and the government loaded a train load of hopper cars for Churchill , they loaded the cars empty at one end and filled at the other end and connected the cars two empty ends together than two full ends together. It was done to prove you couldn't haul grain to Churchill in hopper cars.

Comment

Well. I dunno what that means but Churchill always a *** joke.
                          No Gulf current and no Soviet ice breakers.
                          A warm and fuzzy left over from the early fifty's when we thought we still had weight.

Comment

All I know in the 70s I hated loading those frigging cp boxcars for churchill, and I am in the peace country on a cn line, like or not it was cwb doing, you would think someone was closer but cost effective just applies on the producer level.

Comment

I think Churchill would work if there was some money put in it but that will never happen. Where the grain goes and where oil goes there is money and jobs and Churchill has no voters.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...