• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone tell me what happens when....???

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=tweety;417028]Well in Ab its subsidized around 50 - 75% of actual cost. I'm sure someone knows how much in SK.

well then how comes Sask govt owes scic in excess of $1.5 billion
    yea this horseshit sounds good , but thats all it is , I'm sick of hearing it
    check it out , free info for anyone
    easy to talk , but obviously there is more than enough in premiums to play bank to Sask govt also

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
      Well in Ab its subsidized around 50 - 75% of actual cost. I'm sure someone knows how much in SK.

They have a way to compensate you for that flood, drought, frost - its called crop insurance.

You're mostly saying you expect a guaranteed income - you need "an improved program" - ie you want more tax payer paid money and subsidies even though you probably are worth millions. If every farmer is in the same boat, why is that a problem? Doesn't the free and open market compensate?
      Your obviously only picking wild numbers you want to make some sort of argument.
      No point responding more you seem to just want to argue not accept facts. The facts are all there how many farms are in trouble. If you’ve had perfect weather your fine but If not the program just isn’t providing enough especially for those with multi year disaster. Then it just becomes a bad cycle you have no coverage and yet you have to have something so you pay the high premium likely not collecting anything or very little
      Until you have a run of good years. But by then the high premium hurts your farm even more so.
      Nobody is talking about a big windfall if you loose your crop. There was someone earlier gave you numbers of what a start out farmer was offered for coverage that was laughable except it isn’t because it’s garbage you’d be done before you started if you had a wipeout in year one.

Same for agristability because it’s the same stupid formula for averages. Let’s include the value of a no crop in your insured value.
      If I went to sgi and said what’s my new car insured for and they said well you know. It’s like this we re going to average rhe value of your last 5 cars even the totaled off ones to get what you can insure your new one. There d be a lot of black eyes behind the counters of those offices. Lol

Comment

What would be your premiums without the tax payer funded subsidies? What would your position be without crop insurance at all? Would it change the way you farmed? Would so many farmers still go nuts into debt if there were no risk management programs?
        Well what would the education and health care system look like without farmland property tax income.

Think you got the subsidies backwards.

How did crop insurance get a $500M slush fund built up? Don't know of any other govt program with a surplus sitting there. Looks like farmer paid premiums.
        Last edited by jazz; Jul 15, 2019, 15:09.

Comment

What would be your premiums without the tax payer funded subsidies? What would your position be without crop insurance at all? Would it change the way you farmed? Would so many farmers still go nuts into debt if there were no risk management programs?
          most farmers i know dont need it, lots of equity. I d still give er all the juice.

Comment

Anytime a govt subsidy is involved, the first question is what has the govt promised the employees? They negotiate on the customers behalf and the unions are working for the employees. If nurses get 4% raise does anyone think scic is getting less because canola goes down? Pension obligations are an absolute cluster ****, the obligations haven't maxed out yet as the baby boomer generation isn't dead yet and ive yet to see a govt department reduce staff. And pension funds.... due to regulation put in place in '08 are committed to losses buying govt debt.
            It's an epic **** up that'll result in disappointment. So if a subsidy is an empty promise, call it whatever you want. It isn't getting paid by anyone.

Comment

Guess I could have added our corn figures - 80% coverage maxing out at $424/acre with a $13.45/acre premium.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                Guess I could have added our corn figures - 80% coverage maxing out at $424/acre with a $13.45/acre premium.
                Were you allowed to keep your premium discount , yields , etc when moving from one province to another ?
                Dont know much about corn but seems like good coverage ?
                Guess inputs are crazy high on corn, though ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  Were you allowed to keep your premium discount , yields , etc when moving from one province to another ?
                  Dont know much about corn but seems like good coverage ?
                  Guess inputs are crazy high on corn, though ?
                  No, I started fresh when I moved province, but to be fair only had hail insurance previously. It looks like good coverage to me. Our seed, fertilizer, spray, fuel, crop insurance, custom seeding, custom fertilizer application, custom spraying costs comes to about $220/acre. Custom silaging it adds about another $100/acre. Haven't got land costs in there.

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                    most farmers i know dont need it, lots of equity. I d still give er all the juice.
                    Exactly, because farming is profitable. Wandering thru the parking lot at AIM confirmed by the Diesels, Titanium, Denali, Escalades, Superduty's.... Not a lot of rusty 2002 chevy half tons.

Maybe Agriville just has a much higher then usual grouping of poor farmers, or just whiners. What do you think Big Wheel?

Comment

Exactly, because farming is profitable. Wandering thru the parking lot at AIM confirmed by the Diesels, Titanium, Denali, Escalades, Superduty's.... Not a lot of rusty 2002 chevy half tons.

Maybe Agriville just has a much higher then usual grouping of poor farmers, or just whiners. What do you think Big Wheel?
                      I think next time you should invest in a ticket to ride the shuttle out to aim instead of being such a gosh darn hazard on the highway riding that tricycle gawking at all of those shiny new vehicles. I nearly ran you over in my rush to the beer gardens.
                      You obviously should have picked farming as a career instead of Pizza Hut.
                      Last edited by the big wheel; Jul 17, 2019, 08:45.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                        I think next time you should invest in a ticket to ride the shuttle out to aim instead of being such a gosh darn hazard on the highway riding that tricycle gawking at all of those shiny new vehicles. I nearly ran you over in my rush to the beer gardens.
                        You obviously should have picked farming as a career instead of Pizza Hut.
                        Your comebacks are as poor as your farming

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...