• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hailed out crops

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hailed out crops

Need help and know this has been talked about before but I have Canola severely damaged but will come back and have wheat that is in the flag leaf and badly shredded luckily only 4 1/4's what can I do to help revive them
    Last edited by RD414; Jul 3, 2019, 20:50.

According to afsc losing every leaf is a 10% loss, I had at least half, when swathing plants looked like hit with a shotgun. I don't buy hail ins.

Comment

Load the sprayer, you choose if it should be a fungicide with micro/macro nutrients or the alternative chemistry of what it is tolerant to.

Sorry I know that doesn't help. Won't canola bounce back but be late?

Comment

Originally posted by RD414 View Post
        Need help and know this has been talked about before but I have Canola severely damaged but will come back and have wheat that is in the flag leaf and badly threaded luckily only 4 1/4's what can I do to help revive them
        RD does it look like this ??

I checked this canola from NE of here that got hit Saturday
        Damaged bad but ... lots of regrowth already as of yesterday morning.
        New leaves starting and new stems a buds. That canola will recover very well in 7-10 days
        Products like releaf and or headline will help recover very fast . Plus help resist disease infection.
        We have used Alpine at 2-3 lt/ac with a glug of headline 👍
        The Alpine is a very cheap penicillin
        Hope that helps
        Last edited by furrowtickler; Jul 3, 2019, 17:52.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          Load the sprayer, you choose if it should be a fungicide with micro/macro nutrients or the alternative chemistry of what it is tolerant to.

Sorry I know that doesn't help. Won't canola bounce back but be late?
          Sorry but it does help a lot . You will help gain 5 days maturity and maintain a healthier crop .
          Otherwise you may lose 8-10 days maturity and be very susceptible to disease if weather get wet . Like it might in the next 10 days

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Sorry but it does help a lot . You will help gain 5 days maturity and maintain a healthier crop .
            Otherwise you may lose 8-10 days maturity and be very susceptible to disease if weather get wet . Like it might in the next 10 days
            Furrow are you seeing gain in maturity on canola that’s not hailed putting alpine. That’s one thing I haven’t really looked at.

Comment

Aerial applicator says from the air there is not a good canola crop anywhere around here. He thinks cutworm is a major culpret by the patchy stands.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                Furrow are you seeing gain in maturity on canola that’s not hailed putting alpine. That’s one thing I haven’t really looked at.
                Yes , but not nearly as dramatic as an injured crop .
                The added pho’s triggers sugar levels and drives photosynthesis.
                And it’s very reasonable
                Releaf is very effective as well but pricy

Comment

But to spend extra money right now on canola at $9 🤮

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                    Aerial applicator says from the air there is not a good canola crop anywhere around here. He thinks cutworm is a major culpret by the patchy stands.
                    How many of those patchy acres were seeded with Lumiderm treated seed? I would say this has been a very challenging year to establish canola....period!

Comment

Furrow I 100% agree. How much money do you throw at a $9.00/by Canola Crop. Need at least 30bpa to break even.

Comment

You've already spent most of the expense by now.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                          How many of those patchy acres were seeded with Lumiderm treated seed? I would say this has been a very challenging year to establish canola....period!
                          That may be rhe case in some areas but most of mine has seed just germinated 5 or 6 days ago you wouldn’t see that from the air. Some near bolting really crappy and the other just coming now.

Comment

Thanks for the advice all. Unfortunately it looks tougher than your pics furrow,but as an old neighbour used to say” you don’t say whoa in a mud hole”. Money is already spent so might as well try to salvage what we can.

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                              That may be rhe case in some areas but most of mine has seed just germinated 5 or 6 days ago you wouldn’t see that from the air. Some near bolting really crappy and the other just coming now.
                              Yep its a mess. I have some full flower and cotelyn mix. Going to need a long frost free fall. With the cool nights we have been having I have my doubts.
                              Last edited by biglentil; Jul 3, 2019, 21:32.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...