• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
    That's a shocking figure. Lots of people just too lazy - you see it at the local landfill - a nice big recycling building for all the plastic, cans etc but the number of people that drive past this and throw their garbage mixed with recyclables into the landfill pile. MB is backward in not paying for the return of cans, that's just a cash grab as they charge the deposit at point of sale. Any other provinces that don't pay for return of cans?
    Strange , cause everyone I know , especially farm families recycle near everything. We have to help pay excessive tax’s

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
      That's a shocking figure. Lots of people just too lazy - you see it at the local landfill - a nice big recycling building for all the plastic, cans etc but the number of people that drive past this and throw their garbage mixed with recyclables into the landfill pile. MB is backward in not paying for the return of cans, that's just a cash grab as they charge the deposit at point of sale. Any other provinces that don't pay for return of cans?
      A few yrs ago we had a open land fill..there was bags full of pop and beer cans in the dump.
      They are worth approx 10 bucks a bag at sarcan..
      The employee at dump made a good dollar picking them up..
      So tax the shit out of people..but in reality some don't care.

Comment

The liberal strategists must really be nervous when they send their boy out in public without a full script, it's a risk, that poor reporter probably got fired for asking such a complex difficult question. It'll be interesting to see if CBC reporters simply agree and compliment him after he makes an election promise instead of doing their job and challenge these politicians.

Comment

I hate recycling but we do it.

Our RM doesn't provide recycling bins for the rate payers so we use my parent's in town.

Only household waste is plastic that isn't coded for recycling.

I really question the economics of it. Does the recycling process...everything from collection, transportation, warehousing, sorting, more transportation, actual processing, more transportation, administration, ad nauseum leave a bigger environmental foot print than just burning it or land filling it before the whole process starts?

And what's with floating boatloads of "recycling" around the world really accomplishing?

Hard to make sense of some of this.....other than people getting a warm fuzzy feeling doing it. But we do do our part.

I tease the local Ag Chem retailer that I'm going to start pushing Croplife to start a recycling program for the cardboard boxes the pesticides come in. Funny to watch him lose his mind.

Comment

Sheep

My family don't use the so called juice boxes your talking about, we don't drink juice, it's nothing but sugar, we eat real fruit. Why are you letting your children drink that crap? I would be more concern about your families health, not sentence forming by Justin.

I support the one time plastic ban, don't give a rat's ass of how he forms his sentences, it's the 2021 ban that's important to me. As you even said "there's to much plastic in the world, no doubt"

Sheep, try to except Trudeau has done the right thing in banning the one time plastic. I realize you would have been elated if 2.0 (Cons) would have had the insight to come up with the idea!

Comment

Forage, just imagine the discussions at the Cosco board table. You just about need a chain saw to break into their thick plastic packaging. I notice multiple layers of thick gloss.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/cody.girling/videos/10157483386673724/ https://www.facebook.com/cody.girling/videos/10157483386673724/

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
                  Sheep, try to except Trudeau has done the right thing in banning the one time plastic. I realize you would have been elated if 2.0 (Cons) would have had the insight to come up with the idea!
                  Come on Grassy......

Except Trudeau....leave him out
                  Accept Trudeau....believe or take
                  Expect Trudeau....likely to do/happen

I think forage got it right!!!!!! He is seeing the light!
                  Last edited by farmaholic; Jun 10, 2019, 23:37.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=344516539535745 https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=344516539535745

Comment

Natives call themselves stewards of the land. Drive out to any reserve or go to Stanley mission and boat on the river and see the garbage its unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
                        https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=344516539535745 https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=344516539535745
                        It’s a sad state of affairs when there are many people who think this woman is legit .

Comment

Originally posted by 15444 View Post
                          https://www.facebook.com/cody.girling/videos/10157483386673724/ https://www.facebook.com/cody.girling/videos/10157483386673724/
                          This really shows the immensity of the idiocy that is leading us
                          His handlers must cringe everytime he opens his mouth

Comment

Some maybe don't remember but I sure do the paper bags. F#$K my lunch in school was in a paper bag wrapped in wax paper and WTF we survived.

Then the Genius of the day came out with paper is bad because we cut down trees and that is bad because they grow back and we have lots.

So the paper bag was phased out and we got plastic.

Yes, I agree the companies are idiots with excess packaging.

Buy something at Costco and the box inside the box plus plastic and paper etc is enough to fill a recycling bin that they take and burn at the dump.

JT is trying to be every one buddy and a fake friend is easy to spot.

Comment

Way too much plastic wrapping on everything, its about time a ban was put in place. Perhaps something the UN can do to make itself useful.
                              Last edited by MBgrower; Jun 11, 2019, 17:26.

Comment

Again a stupid missed opportunity. The containers from china should be opened and inspected and anything with unacceptable packaging blocked entry.

Secondly, there is a thing called bioplastics that biodegrade quickly. The are made from fricken crop and forestry biomass.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...