• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
    They're saying around an inch in the Crossfield - Carstairs area. A bit more to the west, as per usual, but still a good shower on the east side of the highway. Hopefully it went east and east to the areas that really need it (And north so my cows can have more grass)
    Still praying...

Its +6 right now... no moisture to hold off a frost.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      You getting a good shot there ?
      Ya, west of Lloyd, but now there is a bunch of snow on the ground as well. Hopefully it doesn't freeze, but at least its wet. Supposed to warm up as evening progresses, was zero, now is about 1. Interesting year.

Comment

If the snow stays crop will not freeze tonight...have had this happen before.

Comment

Definitely NOT boasting at all.
          Info only. 1.8" before enough snow to break some branches and trees. Wasn't home but 6" maybe. Hard to tell as melting. 3° now. Still light rain.
          Before this, any canola seeded above 1/2" wasn't coming. Bugs bad on early seeded. Peas are short. Grass poor.
          Spraying delayed now for several days but that's ok.
          Earlier post about blowing dirt.
          We've all seen land blow away. Guess I'll take the snow. Saw a plow on road even. Lol.
          Good luck everyone. It ain't in the bin yet.

Comment

After 2 years with almost no rain, and a few more before that being desperately short, we are getting more than our share lately. Was desperately dry earlier this spring, but had the big snow storm in late April/early May, then 1.65 inch of rain about 2 weeks ago, and 1.75 so far since last night, with more in the forecast, getting to be too much now. Seeded corner to corner in near ideal conditions, although packers tires had mud stuck to them until the last day. Starting to lose some very small areas to standing water now. But hay and pastures are responding very well. Pastures got off to a very early start, but then quit completely until recently. Reserves all used up last year. Excellent germination compared to the past few years. Flea beatles are in full force, but Visivio seems to be doing its job, and Lumiderm holding up so far. Plants are outgrowing the damage.

These two events have now given us as much moisture as we had the entire season last year. One extreme to the other.

Snowed in Red Deer ( east of here), Cochrane ( South of here), and undoubtedly west at higher elevations. Lows of 1 or 2 the next few nights as a bonus. Where is Chuck with some reassuring words about global warming right about now?

Comment

Lumiderm seems to work.
              Seeding it after the 15th I haven't had beetle troubles ever.

Comment

Quick comment on lumiderm, my neighbor and his son had interesting results. The son had lumiderm on his seed, his dad did not. Both had flea beetles and the son actually sprayed one quarter with decis. They started seeding canola about the 8th or ninth. Appeared the extra cost of lumiderm was a waste of money in this case.

My peas seem thin this year. Seeded at 190 lbs, certified seed, just don't look that good. Moisture conditions were decent at seeding. Sprayed 3 days ago with Viper, might have been a bad idea with how cold it was yesterday. Most of my wheat is looking good. 4th to 5th leaf, earliest seeded starting to tiller. Interesting note, I use atomjet high rate side band openers, first 2 quarters put the seed out the back and fert out the side. Then my son suggested switching and putting the seed out the side. Very thankful he did, our worst looking wheat was the first 2 fields where we put the seed out the back. Must have something to do with where seed row is in relation to the packer wheel, flexi 5000 with 4 inch rubber packers.

Fairly happy with the canola, all invigor, just prosper seed treat. Had one quarter I thought about spraying for flea beatles but I left it and they are growing through it. Can see rows now so I feel very fortunate. One field has lots of wild oats that will need spraying soon, had silage on this field last year so a little baffled. Only grow barley for silage and for feed, quit trying for malt a few years ago. Barley looks good, best crop is on pea stubble. Direct seeded some into pasture that was sprayed out last September, was happy to see it was coming up.

Finally got all the cows out on pasture, just a few culls left to feed that need to be shipped.
                It looked like yesterday's rain event stretched from Calgary to Lloydminster, was very disappointed when looking at radar it didn't continue on into Sasrkatchewan. We were dry but nothing compared to the pictures posted on here. Certainly hope the weather turns wet. Enjoy your day.

Comment

Stuck waiting for a pull at least it’s wet below.

Comment

3 day totals based off doppler. FWIW
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	precip 080619.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	767356

Comment

See that grey triangle north of Moose Jaw......yup....living the dream....

Comment

New liberty from Dekalb will it make it with very little rain we will see.

One good rain boys is all we need to get this year going.

Man is it cold today.

Good thing I tossed the Viper and will do peas next week with just centurion or one half odessey

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                              New liberty from Dekalb will it make it with very little rain we will see.

One good rain boys is all we need to get this year going.

Man is it cold today.

Good thing I tossed the Viper and will do peas next week with just centurion or one half odessey
                              Half rate pursuit = $4 /ac
                              Lots of problems with oddysee in canola fields after. Seems impossible to clean out sometimes ?
                              Sprayed ours wednesday cant even tell theyve been sprayed 80/ac/jug pursuit , 40 ac rate arrow total $8.25/ac

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                                Stuck waiting for a pull at least it’s wet below.
                                I didn’t know the black soil zone had rocks?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...