• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well we’ll well. Replant 19 might happen tomorrow

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minus one

Comment

Min 3.8 at the lake Canora.

Min 5 at Indian head at one point last night.

Farm im guessing min 4

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Why don't I knock it off with them negative waves(temperatures)? Why don't I say something righteous and hopeful for a change? 101?
        Much warmer than last night for us.
        Canola only lightly touched with frost two nights ago. Most not up or safe in dry dirt.
        Wound up with one tenth of an inch of rain on some fields Saturday. That's 10 times more than I was expecting! A total of 1.5 tenths for May!

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades!

Comment

Comment

Take your hat off and cover those poor little guys they look really cold.

Comment

Not a great combination, dry frost with hot temps coming.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Not a great combination, dry frost with hot temps coming.
                  There was humidity here. We had .28 rain Saturday late afternoon.

They will look tough when the cotyledons desiccate off in the warm temps coming up.

Those pics are yellow mustard. Canola hasn't popped through yet.
                  Last edited by farmaholic; May 27, 2019, 06:46.

Comment

Well if it turns out they're not dead I'd look into Furrow's recipe especially if flea beetles show up

Oh, yellow mustard. Well, still in tough for now.

Comment

Originally posted by farming101 View Post
                      Well if it turns out they're not dead I'd look into Furrow's recipe especially if flea beetles show up

Oh, yellow mustard. Well, still in tough for now.
                      I don't think it would make a diff whether its y-mustard or canola.
                      I've been through this before. Not fun to watch recover. To watch that center growing point try to grow with the cotyledon "solar panels" froze off is slow and painful.

What recipe is that?

Comment

furrowtickler

May 26, 2019 | 13:02 10 A recipe I use on frost damaged canola this time of year is 2 Lt/ac Alpine and matador . Makes for a very speedy recovery if damage is not really severe .

Comment

Thanks. I doubt those leaves will be absorbing much of anything. Haven't seen any flea beetles feeding either "YET" but will have to be extremely vigilant on that issue.

Those pics came from a low part of a field but I think they will all have been affected to some degree.

Just thankful the canola isn't all up too!

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                            Yellow mustard way tougher than canola !
                            Yes, but even lots of the weeds are in bad shape way up here!

Comment

You guys need to get an old POS drill like mine then the crop wont come up so fast and freeze. Still looking for my canola and wheat.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                                You guys need to get an old POS drill like mine then the crop wont come up so fast and freeze. Still looking for my canola and wheat.
                                Or you could seed later????

What is the difference if you seed early and let the frost kick the shit out of half your crop or seed later with half the rate???????

Froze here last night ...still too chilly to put the last crop in the ground ....and this frost will really kick the shit out of the hay crop.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...