• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After careful consideration....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 6V53 View Post
    Only has to keep agriculture industry booming till next election. Farmers can pay for $700 fertilizer with $7 canola after the election. SOCK BOY can get his picture taken and finish killing the West after the next election.
    Wait until Kenny gets done with Horgan and Trudeau. If Sask Moe jumps on board, It’ll help too. There’s gonna be pipelines coming out of your yazoo. The West will shine again like a jewel. I read an article about how Alberta’s turning off the oil tap will affect the “nation”, not just BC. I didn’t know that more than 40% of the oil refined in east comes from AB. AB has big clout. Trudeau and wrecking crew might think they are tough, but they’ll be hick-upping and stuttering before this is over. It’s showtime Canada!

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
      Wait until Kenny gets done with Horgan and Trudeau. If Sask Moe jumps on board, It’ll help too. There’s gonna be pipelines coming out of your yazoo. The West will shine again like a jewel. I read an article about how Alberta’s turning off the oil tap will affect the “nation”, not just BC. I didn’t know that more than 40% of the oil refined in east comes from AB. AB has big clout. Trudeau and wrecking crew might think they are tough, but they’ll be hick-upping and stuttering before this is over. It’s showtime Canada!
      The Transmountain Pipeline currently sends heavy crude, light crude and refined fuel down the pipeline. Kenney could send heavy crude down pipeline for a few months straight and B.C. would have sky high gasoline prices and BC will be begging for more dirty Alberta fuel.
      BC isn’t in a good place for negotiating.

Get out the popcorn. 🍿

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
        It will only make canola go down faster and farther..
        Under 9 bucks at viterra now.
        Psychological marketing....what does the price of canola under 9 do to your price expectations for old crop in storage or new crop going forward?

I wonder if a slug of canola gets sold internationally on spec(say $10.50-$11.00 three months ago), knowing there is alot on farm. The farmgate spot prices continue to erode and the spread between their sell price and their buy price continues to widen....not a bad payday. So now some canola spot prices are below nine$.....now what will you sell for? What could the "afford" to pay?

Bucket, you have any of that tinfoil left I sent you?

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
          Ok, so you are saying that only canola can be used to get the extra $600,000.00 and then out of that $1 million, $500K is interest free?, and if you use other commodities then you cannot access $1M or can you use other crops to get the $1M but then only $100K of the $1M is interest free? You confused me and I even confused myself trying to right this post I hope you can understand what I am trying to ask. I have been to busy to find and read the announcement.
          Anyone can get the 1 million advance.....

If you have canola you qualify for up to 500K interest free....

If the advance is on other crops you will still only get 100K interest free...

Clear as mud?

Comment

From what I understand all you have to do to qualify for the new amounts is simply be a canola grower. obviously your acreage and coverage etc would determine what you would qualify for.

a lot of you have to stop looking at it as new debt, use it to replace old debt. for example if you have an FCC input loan at whatever the interest rate is, you use the interest free portion of the cash advance to save you the interest. Pretty well all of us have input lines somewhere that we are paying interest on that it at least saves us that.

While I would agree that it is not the solution to the problem it is a start.

For all the guys with bins full of unpriced canola, what were you waiting for? back in February you could easily get over $11 here for canola delivered july. Everyone I talked to wanted $11.25 or insert any number above $11. The devaluing of stock in bins is as much farmers getting burnt by chasing greed as it is any other factor. We all know the risks associated with doing this job as it relates to weather, global events, domestic policy. Remember, we all CHOOSE to do this. If you don't like it get out, I am sure some young buck will want to take a shot at it.

Don't get me wrong, the current government has done a terrible job of reacting to a protectionist global climate. Call it the Trump effect with America first. Italy and durum is same thing protecting their producers. India is about protecting their producers. And yet in the global climate the current government is doing a terrible job of not protecting their own interests as well ( see Oil, AG, Steel).

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...