• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only in Canada at seeding time

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting on anywhere between 8-12 US gal / ac , so 18-25 Lbs S
    You get 15-20 N as well .

1200 gal sprayer I can get anywhere from 100 to 120 ac for the rates we use.
    Right now I am using T Jet Tri stream nozzles. Spray 16-18 mph . Can apply up to 30-40 k winds . Drift is not a worry with stream nozzles but too much wind can cause a mess on the booms a bit.
    One thing I also do is use flat fan .08 at 10 gal/ ac with round up for burn off.
    You can use less round up and it works very fast .
    I have even used round up / treflan and sulfur together ahead of canola or peas . Wind is obviously more of and issue with the flat fans , no different than regular spraying .

Most liquid S is 15-0-0-20
    Last edited by furrowtickler; Apr 30, 2019, 20:53.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
      Putting on anywhere between 8-12 US gal / ac , so 18-25 Lbs S
      You get 15-20 N as well .

1200 gal sprayer I can get anywhere from 100 to 120 ac for the rates we use.
      Right now I am using T Jet Tri stream nozzles. Spray 16-18 mph . Can apply up to 30-40 k winds . Drift is not a worry with stream nozzles but too much wind can cause a mess on the booms a bit.
      One thing I also do is use flat fan .08 at 10 gal/ ac with round up for burn off.
      You can use less round up and it works very fast .
      I have even used round up / treflan and sulfur together ahead of canola or peas . Wind is obviously more of and issue with the flat fans , no different than regular spraying .

Most liquid S is 15-0-0-20
      Thank you.

Can you use the aim command?

So you use just fertilizer with the roundup for preburn, no water at all?

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
        Thank you.

Can you use the aim command?

So you use just fertilizer with the roundup for preburn, no water at all?
        No I don’t use the AIM , shut them off and use the normal nozzle in front.
        We need to change a couple settings in the product control.
        I will pm you the settings we use. Keeps the sprayer working effectively without AIM when using liquid N or S.
        You don’t need water at all when mixing round up . I just direct inject round up then load sulfur .

Comment

We stream all our N with the aim command so far no problems we do it 10 gal preseed and 10 gal post spraing done it a few years now got rid of midrow banding concept have a way cheaper drill now single shoot disk,

Comment

Brrrr........

Windchills of -13 here

Comment

I wonder if any wild oats that managed to sprout or any sprouted volunteer cereals, flax or canola can survive minus 7, minus 8 with wind chill. It's been freezing here since 9 p.m. last night. Probably will be freezing here for at least 12 hours before the plus temp is reached.

Mother Nature's preseed burn off.
              Last edited by farmaholic; May 1, 2019, 06:23.

Comment

I know one year the -10 nights for 6 nights in a row turned the kochia white.
                I think and canola that has “sprung” with these temps could be in trouble. Hutts have a good 800 ac in, would be a taf bit worried.
                But these companies have a re-seed program.
                They should have strict guidelines as to when seeding canola should actually takes place.
                They do have guidelines when chemicals should be applied.

Comment

Inch of snow overnight, soil temps near ZERO now. Forecast for more next 3 days.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...