• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Only in Canada at seeding time

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only in Canada at seeding time

This cold air dropped a long way south after the weekend blizzard
    Lots of -12 and colder in the south into Montana.
    Only -8 here ... lol

Was going to check soil temp but nope , can’t stick er in the ground here this Mornin .
    Seeding will be not happening here for at least 5-7 days . Going to take a few days to warm er up again.
    Looks like some much needed moisture may come through here this week with rain / snow mix forested a few times .
    Need it to help the “grass fire” situation in the area.

Comment

It's in April!

It's Canada!

It's Weather!

It's Cold!

Early seeding doesn't work for us.

We will start by Friday. Because like Furrow this morning you cant put the probe into the ground.

Seed 2019 is stalled.

Comment

Good thing is a lot of very dry areas got some decent moisture in the south .
        But we could all do without the very cold temps . But ya it’s April .

Comment

The moisture was a welcome sight for many.

There still is a dry area from Saskatoon to Foamlake that has missed the rain/snowy April.

But a foot of snow is only an inch and more precipitation will be needed.

Comment

Had some heavy snowshowers yesterday while out with sprayer.
            Ground was white for a while.
            Some areas still white this morning.

Moisture was needed for top inch and to keep “grass fires” from popping up .
            Look cool and a mix of rain / snow showers all week .
            Overnight lows are -5 to -8 for a few days yet.

Comment

Can you get a kill with minus 8 either side of 2 days of spraying?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Can you get a kill with minus 8 either side of 2 days of spraying?
                Well .... not sure about spraying burn off
                I am just streaming on liquid S

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  I am just streaming on liquid
                  Sorry I just made an assumption....guys have been spraying around at 6 degrees with the temperatures going lower .....

Comment

I see you're putting the liquid on.

Great time to do that.

Anyone who sprayed just pissed away product. Hey, it's about cutting costs boys and some just have to go because its go time and don't check the weather or the soil temp.

Wow and we wonder why the industry has a field day with farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                      Sorry I just made an assumption....guys have been spraying around at 6 degrees with the temperatures going lower .....
                      Lol no worries
                      But there are others on here that freak out and assume just because they see a sprayer out in the field the sprayer is applying some sort of evil glyphosate or or other pesticides.... lol.
                      There are a lot of assumptions by some ... austrandia , forage and grassfarmer being a few of them that all we do is kill the environment... well that is simply so wrong an assumption it’s ridiculous at times .

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                        I am just streaming on liquid S
                        you wont have any paint left on your sprayer

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                          you wont have any paint left on your sprayer
                          Been doing this for 5 years or so with this sprayer , never an issue with the right nozzles and a wash when done 👍😎.
                          My sprayer in better shape than most at 2000 hrs . My last one I had ran for 5 years years as well and I think the paint still ok on it , must have 3500 on er now I would think .

Not for everyone but works for us .

Comment

Other than the volume, it works good . Full sectional control, playing with variable rate now . Fast and can get work done when you don’t dare with dry , even with a floater.
                            Makes seeding much easier and more efficient. But if you not set up for liquid it may be a pita

Comment

How many lbs/ac of actual S are you putting on and how many acres does a sprayer tank do at that rate?

What wind can you spray up to?

I don’t know anything about liquid fertilizer and currently put down all my fertilizer with the drill. Have been thinking about spreading dry ams, but perhaps liquid S would work.

Also looked at bio sul, but not sure if it has long term S release.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...