• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hotley Seats Predictions - April 16, 2019

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
    Wouldn't the right guy be the one that didn't get rejected? I'm afraid its the first in a very long series of rejections.
    Yep, can't see him getting much done between fighting with the Feds and keeping a lid on his internal party scandals. Bold claims but he can't influence oil prices any more than Notley could. You've got to laugh at the idea of turning the oil taps to BC off - I'm sure the retaliatory tactic of blocking AB rail access to the BC ports would be welcomed by a deluge of whines on here.

Comment

You don't get it grass seriously. Turn off your cbc for a while. Every motion is for another outcome. Pipelines will be rebuffed. carbon tax will come on anyway. Equalization probably continues. Etc etc and that will lead to the only outcome Alberta can control. I don't need to tell you what that is.

I am buying house in Calgary right now.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
        Yep, can't see him getting much done between fighting with the Feds and keeping a lid on his internal party scandals. Bold claims but he can't influence oil prices any more than Notley could. You've got to laugh at the idea of turning the oil taps to BC off - I'm sure the retaliatory tactic of blocking AB rail access to the BC ports would be welcomed by a deluge of whines on here.
        So Notley did everything short of crawling around on her knees for the first 2 years or her mandate and you can see what she got. Zero help from her buddy in Ottawa. He had NEB approval, all he had to do was say the pipeline has approval to go.

Nuthing.

Can't be any worse.

If Kenney gets no where you will see serious separation activity. All it will take is a strong leader.

Comment

They can't block rail anymore then Alberta can physically close the taps on oil flowing to BC. The courts would reverse it before the next sunrise. BC doesn't have enough refining capacity, Alberta can load the pipe with bitumen, by law, and be in accordance with the legislation, essentially swamping BC with a product they can't use. Forget buying from the US as PNW refines 91% of requirements and there's no facilities in BC to offload refined products. Besides BC provincial govt should be embracing higher gas prices as it curbs use and saves the environment.... if that's their real concern

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
            He had NEB approval, all he had to do was say the pipeline has approval to go.

Nuthing.
            He did approve it - in November 2016! - he since bought the fricken thing for the country - the hold up is the legal challenges from BC politicians and first nations groups not the PM.

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
            They can't block rail anymore then Alberta can physically close the taps on oil flowing to BC. The courts would reverse it before the next sunrise......
            Exactly - but that's the BS rhetoric that got Kenney elected.

This separation thing really is a joke though - what you are all forgetting to ask is why on earth do you think the Americans would want to adopt the province as it's 51 state? Sure it's got resources but if AB were to cede from Canada and have no coastal access, and a poor relationship with the majority of Canada the Americans could buy all your produce for cents on the dollar without the need to incur the expense of running the Province/State. They are already well established in that master/slave role after years of PC rule where they agreed to guarantee the last AB oil and AB water would go to the US and not for domestic use. Alberta has already been sold - you've nothing left to offer.

Comment

He did approve it - in November 2016! - he since bought the fricken thing for the country - the hold up is the legal challenges from BC politicians and first nations groups not the PM.

Exactly - but that's the BS rhetoric that got Kenney elected.

This separation thing really is a joke though - what you are all forgetting to ask is why on earth do you think the Americans would want to adopt the province as it's 51 state? Sure it's got resources but if AB were to cede from Canada and have no coastal access, and a poor relationship with the majority of Canada the Americans could buy all your produce for cents on the dollar without the need to incur the expense of running the Province/State. They are already well established in that master/slave role after years of PC rule where they agreed to guarantee the last AB oil and AB water would go to the US and not for domestic use. Alberta has already been sold - you've nothing left to offer.
              What if the west coast comes to their senses and joins in. Wouldnt be a joke then ? Dont think they would want to be sitting there with two states or a republic between them and trudeauland
              But at the end of the day you are ok with keebek collecting welfare every year since inception ? Some would call that abuse ?

Comment

Rex Murphy: Kenney's resoluteness won Alberta. Trudeau's hypocrisy helped Notley lose

Heres a good article , can someone hotlink it or whatever you call it , i am technically disabled , thanks

Comment

Here ya go, good article

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-trudeau-damned-rachel-notley-and-gave-jason-kenney-generous-outside-help https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-trudeau-damned-rachel-notley-and-gave-jason-kenney-generous-outside-help

Comment

Originally posted by wd9 View Post
                    Here ya go, good article

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-trudeau-damned-rachel-notley-and-gave-jason-kenney-generous-outside-help https://nationalpost.com/opinion/rex-murphy-trudeau-damned-rachel-notley-and-gave-jason-kenney-generous-outside-help
                    thanks , some day i will grasp it lol

Comment

I usually like Rex's commentary.

....."will be facing an adult across the way, and that is always a good thing for any legislature."

Got to wonder if that isn't some subliminal jab at what the Federal official opposition party is dealing with.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                        I usually like Rex's commentary.

....."will be facing an adult across the way, and that is always a good thing for any legislature."

Got to wonder if that isn't some subliminal jab at what the Federal official opposition party is dealing with.
                        here are some quotes from kenney , i could be wrong but, i think this is what rex was referring to :

“[Trudeau] is a person that I worked with as a minister for three years who I got to know quite well as somebody who has difficulty with complex files, and I think [Trans Mountain] is a very complex issue.”

Alberta UCP leader Jason Kenney is standing by comments he made about Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, including calling him an "empty trust-fund millionaire who has the political depth of a finger bowl.” Kenney went on to say Trudeau is "one of the worst prime ministers for Alberta in our history."

Comment

As of now the results are 63 UCP MLA’s and 24 NDPers.

CaseIH seems to have the competition in the bag although they might still be counting in a few ridings.
                          Maybe the NDP had the Tides Foundation mail in thousands of votes. 😂

Comment

When is the seat count official? Friday saw a little deviation, but no one else even close except of course sum dum guy 😂 caseIH has it in the orange bag. If Case can dial me up in personal messages, I will give him full particulars of prize location. We plan to have a big shindig June 15, so you will meet lots of ‘real’ dirt diggers cause that’s all we know. 😹

Comment

It’s amazing that aside from the government/union city of Edmonton, the extent of this landslide.
                              Carbon taxes kill governments, looking forward to seeing more results in October.

Comment

Kenney can bluster all he wants. It sounds good to his base. Alberta couldn't leave without a province wide referendum. That wouldn't pass. As Alberta's population has grown the conservative mindset of the rural population has been diluted. That's how Notley got elected. Look at Brexit and see what a mess it would be. Separation is great in the coffeeshop but in reality it always demands a period of adjustment which is usually not a period of prosperity. Oil and grain prices wouldn't budge a penny because Alberta separated and the Americans would swoop in to pick the carcass clean.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...