• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trudeau's excuse....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
    We’ll probably invite him back to Canada, pay his way!
    Then Give him free university education..... meanwhile taxpayers that have been here for decades can barely afford to send there kids to university because we are taxed to death .

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
      Sorry No Cuba. Just needed a break from all the excessive whiners and complainers on agriville.
      Welcome back from your fossil fueled extended Christmas break in communist Cuba.
      The jet fuel consumed likely will be offset by lecturing a few farmers about not utilizing solar panels. 🙈

Comment

Trudeau's excuse??
        He's a special kind of stupid.

Comment

The federal government asks for clemency while the family of Schellenberg want “fair treatment” for their dear Robert. I mean this guy only was convicted of planning the transport of 500 lb. of killer drugs. This is really the sword to die on! (Sarcasm)

Comment

And Canada's newest Saudi asylum seeker gets 24 hour security....who/which average Canadian asked for this?

And during WW2 Canada turned away a boat load of Jewish people seeking safety.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
              It is very normal for drug dealing Chinese citizens to receive the death penalty in China.

Here is the real problem. The stupidity of a meth dealing Canadian drug smuggler who thinks he can get away with this shit in China because he holds a Canadian passport. He gets caught, receives a 15 year sentence, thinks by Canadian standards it is too harsh, so appeals it. Well, well, well, who opened up that possibility to now receive a normal Chinese sentence, especially in light of a political turmoil between Canada and China, and expect Canada to bail him out, with sympathy. He is not the first dough head to think, I'm Canadian, and another country's laws don't apply to me. I can go anywhere, I can do anything, only to find they are not bullet proof. Freedom of choice can be a bitch when you don't consider the risk.
              Yes for sure. I wish rhe drug dealing rules were tougher here also.
              When you go to another country and expect to break their laws knowing fully that you are in order to be a sleaze ball making easy money off of selling garbage to destroy other people's lives you really shouldn't expect any leniency.

Comment

The majority of Canadians don't support the death penalty and it is not coming back. Harper also asked for clemency for Canadian citizens in China when he was in power.

The US does not use the death penalty for drug dealers. They have not been successful with their harsher approach to crime and drugs. Most of the drugs come through the border crossings.

The US has done a good job filling their private and public prison system with marginalized people. If you are poor and black you have a much better chance of ending up in jail.

Why do we have large numbers of people abusing drugs and alcohol? A lot of addicts have had serious life problems or mental illness. Cracking down on drug dealers will not solve the demand problem.

If I assess the greatest risk to me, my family and community then drunk drivers and distracted driving are the biggest threats, not drug dealers. Impaired drivers kill many innocent people in Canada every year. Especially in Saskatchewan!

Are you prepared to advocate for use the death penalty to provide a deterrent for impaired driving?

Comment

When 100 people a week start dying from fentanyl overdoses whats the solution. Always go after the source, not the symptom.

A drug dealer causes much more widespread harm to society than any other type of criminal. The cost to society is huge. Deaths, families torn apart, medical care.

Take a little ride down to Vancouver east side of SF. Truly is the land of zombies. People actually act and move like the corpses from night of living dead. You aren't going to cure hundreds of thousands of addicts, but you can take out one drug dealer. Lot less of them.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckChuck View Post
                    The majority of Canadians don't support the death penalty and it is not coming back. Harper also asked for clemency for Canadian citizens in China when he was in power.

The US does not use the death penalty for drug dealers. They have not been successful with their harsher approach to crime and drugs. Most of the drugs come through the border crossings.

The US has done a good job filling their private and public prison system with marginalized people. If you are poor and black you have a much better chance of ending up in jail.

Why do we have large numbers of people abusing drugs and alcohol? A lot of addicts have had serious life problems or mental illness. Cracking down on drug dealers will not solve the demand problem.

If I assess the greatest risk to me, my family and community then drunk drivers and distracted driving are the biggest threats, not drug dealers. Impaired drivers kill many innocent people in Canada every year. Especially in Saskatchewan!

Are you prepared to advocate for use the death penalty to provide a deterrent for impaired driving?
                    Chuck with the gun issue you're in favour of taking guns away because you say they are the problem. No different here the drugs supplied are one of the problems. And some loser exploiting those addicted or creating the situation to be addicted for what ever reason needs to be taken out of the equation. There is a huge drug problem here in Canada with our youth. Some of there problems started before the drugs but most after either way the road to straighten out isn't one with more drugs.

Comment

"The majority of Canadians don't support the death penalty and it is not coming back."

So what? You are very welcome to GO TO CHINA and change their EVIL DISGUSTING LAWS!

We will all wait to see you in the news next...in jail or worse

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        When 100 people a week start dying from fentanyl overdoses whats the solution. Always go after the source, not the symptom.

A drug dealer causes much more widespread harm to society than any other type of criminal. The cost to society is huge. Deaths, families torn apart, medical care.

Take a little ride down to Vancouver east side of SF. Truly is the land of zombies. People actually act and move like the corpses from night of living dead. You aren't going to cure hundreds of thousands of addicts, but you can take out one drug dealer. Lot less of them.
                        We need multiple approaches to reducing substance abuse. By all means prosecute the dealers. It wont stop drugs from finding the market and users though.

But siding with the Chinese on executing small time dealers is wrong. Canada doesn't support the death penalty anymore. Including the Conservatives.

Addiction is not a criminal issue it is a mental health issue. Putting addicts in jail does not solve the problem. Drugs still make it into jails. And most inmates are released back into the community un treated and still addicted or likely to go backwards.

Our biggest problems with substance abuse and poor health are still alcohol and tobacco. Both cause death and disease on scale much larger than banned drugs. Both are condoned by our society and a source of significant tax revenue. We have a double standard.

We need to prevent substance abuse and treat mental health issues. There is almost no decent addiction treatment programs in Saskatchewan and in many parts of Canada. We are neglecting our most vulnerable people.

Using the criminal justice system to treat addicts dosen't work and it is expensive. Our drug policies have been a big failure. It hasn't worked.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post

Over prescription of opioids by the medical system has created a lot of addicts. We are reducing this problem but it is largely hidden and affects all types of people. This is not a problem confined to the street in Vancouver. This problem affects small towns.

When the oil industry was rolling the young workers had lots of money to spend on partying.

By all means lets spend the resources to stop the supply of illegal opioids coming into Canada. Its going to take huge resources but it needs to be done. China is a big source. That is why it is so ironic they put small time dealers to death but the big fish get off and the exports continue. They are likely part of the rich elite who have good connections to the leadership.

Comment

[QUOTE=chuckChuck;400076]We need multiple approaches to reducing substance abuse. By all means prosecute the dealers. It wont stop drugs from finding the market and users though.

But siding with the Chinese on executing small time dealers is wrong.

I don’t agree this guy is smaal time as it isn’t as though he had ajoint in his pocket. It was 500 pounds and it wasn’t his first offence. And as for the laws in China for big drug criminals — not my business. We have enough “undesirables” here to worry about. Drugs have become dangerous goods putting everyone, especially our young at risk. Cleaning up the supply chain should be definitive.
                            JMHO

Comment

....so Canada legalizes Marijuana?

You can give all the excuses you want...

Users will get it from the black market anyway.

Tax and regulate it. Like it won't cost more than it provides. Taxes versus health and social costs.

Its benign.

Safer regulated product.

...personally, I didn't think it was a road Canada needed to go down.

But I believe this whole Canadian death penalty thing is a result of Canada doing the US's dirty work and arresting the HUAWEI executive.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

But I believe this whole Canadian death penalty thing is a result of Canada doing the US's dirty work and arresting the HUAWEI executive.
                                And only necessary because the US is doing the dirty work of the rest of the world, and standing up to the criminal business practices of the Chinese after decades of inaction by anyone.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...