• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pics from work

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pics from work

Just three of us...

In the bush by Fox Creek pulling in pipelines.

Quiet. Peaceful. And nice views.

This was just before Christmas.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181210_132844.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	778257

Name:	IMG_20181211_084931.jpg
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	778258

Name:	IMG_20181211_085135.jpg
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	778259

Name:	IMG_20181211_084955.jpg
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	778260

Whats pulling pipe, crossings? Road bore? Never seen that.

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
      Whats pulling pipe, crossings? Road bore? Never seen that.

Ya directional drilling. We pull in everything from fibre to oil and gas lines in field to supply lines to houses.

Nowadays whole projects are drilled and pulled since trees don't have to be cut.

Any slough, temporary or permanent waterway, or other
      environmentally sensitivee areas must be directionally drilled.

The technology involved evolves rapidly and it's amazing what we can achieve today over 10 years ago... Vs 10 years from now.

Comment

What tech is involved in knowing where the end of the bore is at? How do you drill under a river from both sides and meet each other?

And that is the first time I've heard anyone refer to focx sake by such generous terms. Not my favourite part of the world, but I'm not a big fan of tree or muskeg...

Comment

Beautiful picturez TY and Happy New Yesr to all on Agriville and the administrators. Gotta just mention Gasbuddy site - those guys sure are innovative!

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            What tech is involved in knowing where the end of the bore is at? How do you drill under a river from both sides and meet each other?

And that is the first time I've heard anyone refer to focx sake by such generous terms. Not my favourite part of the world, but I'm not a big fan of tree or muskeg...

We drill from one side to tell other.

The end of the bha right behind the drill bit has a sensing unit called a sonde that sends a front and back aignal at a specific angle. Depth is measured by the distance between front and rear points.

You spray paint your front and rear points on each rod and steer by the "clock"

Simply walk across ice, or a boat on open rivers.

Or you can wireline and send data back that way instead of the wireless "box" if you're deep.

This is what the steering screen on an F5 looks like.

Name:	IMG_20181211_085727.jpg
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	767014

Comment

Kind of what gps did to looking over your shoulder for miles cutting seismic line i quess. i still ache from that. Still plpelining the old way here what i see. In muskeg this might keep the lines from coming up if there is no trench?

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                Ya directional drilling. We pull in everything from fibre to oil and gas lines in field to supply lines to houses.

Nowadays whole projects are drilled and pulled since trees don't have to be cut.

Any slough, temporary or permanent waterway, or other
                environmentally sensitivee areas must be directionally drilled.

The technology involved evolves rapidly and it's amazing what we can achieve today over 10 years ago... Vs 10 years from now.
                I hope all this extra earnings is just going into saving Klaus. Hard on the family and your parents. You always have so many unique posts that you must be doing really well on your farm. Why work so hard? If not on the rigs you seem to be running all over custom hauling grain.

Since moving to Sask, you and most have us having been gifted the best crop years in history

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...