• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seed Synergy... what does our Canadian seed system.. need to do?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
    Dear Bucket,
    Your advice... does not reconcile with our decades of experiences. Our family have found premiums for our grains... and discounts avoided;
    1. for high quality grain;
    2. prompt service [by our farm] that adds value to our produce for the commercial elevator and or enduser alike;
    3. accurate representation by our samples which results in our farms delivery matching quality and volume contracted/marketed/bought by our marketing partners/customers.
    4a. We have found.. over the years... end users/customers... seek our produce... and work with us to add real measurable premiums;
    4b. As we farm with quality control protocols... that add value to our produce... for our partners whom purchase our farm grains...our family provides.
    Sincerely, Tom
    Just tell your masters not to tax my farm.....

If you like the seed tax ...pay it yourself. ...make it voluntary....then you can pay it ....

And I can have the option if I feel like it....

As far as your comments about quality ...where are the protein premiums on durum for the last 2 years?

I don't know why I bother with this conversation....you and your ilk have got your seed tax implemented by years of lobbying. ....you are going to butt**** average farmers with or without lube....but that's what religious men do in their churches. ...right TOM4ASS****INGHISNEIGHBORS....? ????
    Last edited by bucket; Dec 13, 2018, 07:01.

Comment

Tom I am not not concerned about seed growers rolling in cash .... they have a lot of due diligence to follow to produce seed, most of us get that .
      Simply asking someone to show us , primary producers, how we will absorb even more additional costs without some kind of premiums to off set the extra seed costs and or royalties. That and even more expense when the carbon tax hits us . The numbers on cereals are already dismal .

You simply danced around that question like a professional politician lol .
      Nexera canola is an example , pay for the seed , get a premium .
      Hope this new seed royalty system coming forward results in higher farm gate prices for these crops , our it will not matter how much seed or the royalties are .... no one will grow those crops with added costs .. not very many people would go to work day after day to lose money would they ???

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Tom I am not not concerned about seed growers rolling in cash .... they have a lot of due diligence to follow to produce seed, most of us get that .
        Simply asking someone to show us , primary producers, how we will absorb even more additional costs without some kind of premiums to off set the extra seed costs and or royalties. That and even more expense when the carbon tax hits us . The numbers on cereals are already dismal .

You simply danced around that question like a professional politician lol .
        Nexera canola is an example , pay for the seed , get a premium .
        Hope this new seed royalty system coming forward results in higher farm gate prices for these crops , our it will not matter how much seed or the royalties are .... no one will grow those crops with added costs .. not very many people would go to work day after day to lose money would they ???
        Tom will because if things go bad on his farm he asks for help either through his lobbying efforts like a seed tax or a go fund me page for his problems with the railway or other entities....remember his hunger strike...

Or were you just on a diet TOM4YOURSELF????

A religious man always asking for help to make his farm ( not yours or mine) more profitable...

That is what Sunday prayers are for furrowtickler ...for people like Tom so the rest of the week or the previous week he has a clear conscience and a fat wallet....

Tom is probably the guy that does the church donation basket of cash so he can take his tax for the exercise of walking around the church pews....

He likes to have his hand in other's pockets and basket by the sounds of it...his masters tell him the seed tax is for the good of all...and he does his job convincing all that will listen...

Just like Justin telling Canadians pollution is not free...so taxing us will make Canada a cleaner place ...

Its all ****ing bullshit....its ****ing wealth redistribution ....seed tax or carbon tax....
        Last edited by bucket; Dec 13, 2018, 07:42.

Comment

We , primary producers, have this all wrong....We should be asking for an endorsement fee for allowing seed growers to pollute our farms with their new varieties....

OR

The enduser could pay the royalty....the flour mills , or other countries that buy our grain could pay that extra buck a tonne....

You know what TOM4$4HIMSELF ....endusers would go somewhere else for their grain....and millers would buy CNHR instead of CWRS because its 50 cents less a bushel and most of the varieties are CWRS.....

Nothing is going to make the primary producer more money because of a seed tax....that is the only fact in this whole discussion....

Comment

Nailed it bucket. 👍🏻 You pretty much summized my thoughts on this topic .

Comment

Maybe End Point needs to be re thought! Is certified seed not the end point or is export market and mills the End Point or is it the product that is made from grain the End Point? I don't see why or who figured out that primary production is the End Point.

Add EPR to certified seed and that is it. If seed growers can't sell for the price they are asking breeders and seed growers best tighten their belts and start producing seed cheaper.

Comment

Walterm,
                I agree this whole levy royalty discussion... has been rather pointless. With Upov 91 and PBR in place... the folks who actually plan and provide valuable genetics... have all the tools needed to be fairly compensated for the Intellectual Property they would be sharing with farmers in western Canada growing cereals with new advanced productivity and quality enhancements that would deserve added income payments.
                For Bucket and the troop of unique conservsationists,
                Your passion for vigorous insults... perhaps could be an insight into your lack of relationships that can be value adding partnership developments... for your farm produce.
                Merry Christmas... I hope you can be more charitable and helpful to your friends and family... than the tenor of our conversation here would reveal.
                Cheers.
                P.S. If there is no added value [to grain farmers commercial production]; there is no purpose in funding new varieties/genetics. That is the challenge...actually delivering the vision.
                Originally posted by walterm View Post
                Maybe End Point needs to be re thought! Is certified seed not the end point or is export market and mills the End Point or is it the product that is made from grain the End Point? I don't see why or who figured out that primary production is the End Point.

Add EPR to certified seed and that is it. If seed growers can't sell for the price they are asking breeders and seed growers best tighten their belts and start producing seed cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post

For Bucket and the troop of unique conservsationists,
                  Your passion for vigorous insults... perhaps could be an insight into your lack of relationships that can be value adding partnership developments... for your farm produce.

Merry Christmas... I hope you can be more charitable and helpful to your friends and family... than the tenor of our conversation here would reveal.
                  Cheers.
                  P.S. If there is no added value [to grain farmers commercial production]; there is no purpose in funding new varieties/genetics. That is the challenge...actually delivering the vision.
                  Tom4BEING A LARK FOR INDUSTRY

You can be a lark for industry and I get along just fine with those I choose to do business....my choice...

And a seed tax is like a carbon tax....

My vigorous insults are truth. ...

Don't like them ....tough shit....I live in a free country....

You have to answer to your masters....that's why it takes you so long to reply....

Comment

Forgive a the class dunce for a minute.
                    Is there no need for R&D? How do we do it?
                    I remember a CWB employee telling me there can't be any need for research in wheat because "if there were somebody would be doing it". Sounded like a Belarus employee.
                    Not defending any method as I don't educate myself regarding this much.
                    But are we neglecting a need while deciding how to do it?

Comment

Merry Christmas to you too Tom. Enjoy your grossly commercialized holiday season based on an over 2000 year old fairytale.

Geez, people actually call to buy my grain...imagine that! Who would have thought?

Farmaholic, the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.... But getting stronger by the day!

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                        I remember a CWB employee telling me there can't be any need for research in wheat because "if there were somebody would be doing it". Sounded like a Belarus employee.
                        I listen to people that tell me there is a ROI on my checkoff dollars....that money goes to R&D...same as the WGRF...

But that ROI keeps asking for more money while grain prices remain flat for any quality or quantity...

The nonsense of ROI on new varieties that are soon reclassified. ....is no different than taxing us to reduce carbon emissions. ...it's just stupid....

This seed tax is the exact same as a carbon tax....there is zero return for the primary producer....

Comment

I’m on Buckets side on this. I pay too much tax as it is,

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                            It sounds like that employee didn't know what he was talking about. There was a strong public plant breeding system maintained throughout the CWB era. Perhaps it's not un-connected that after bowing to corporate interests on wheat marketing they would then bow to the same interests on controlling the seed supply?
                            One thing worth pointing out is that public plant breeding is not ending - the slow, expensive, early stage - early generations - of new variety development will remain public as it has always been. The lucrative, latter stage development of new varieties including multiplication and commercialization are what the big seed companies are after with their royalty cash grab. They still want the taxpayer to do the expensive part while asking the Government to mandate the farmer pay for the development costs they didn't incur.

Comment

What are your conservative mps saying. I emailed mine but have not received a reply

Comment

Originally posted by katoe View Post
                                What are your conservative mps saying. I emailed mine but have not received a reply
                                Conservatives are all for this and it would have been done already except for the election in 2015....WCWGA had to fill a whole new lot of paper bags of cash to liberals to get this done on behalf of their masters/sponsors....
                                Last edited by bucket; Dec 14, 2018, 13:22.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...