• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Duck land

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This land will never be grain farmed. It is only suitable for pasture, which is ok.

Comment

I am talking 600 acre natural lakes not sloughs....canals originally designed by PFRA....to supply water to Moose Jaw...

Sadly now the WSA is involved and its really turned into a cluster****....

Comment

Bucket, when you look at the size of the water bodies in my post compared to the quarter sections beside and around them, two of them probably are the size you're talking about.

What Prairie people consider lakes in their back yards really isn't my definition of a lake. Is there an area covered and depth that need to be met to qualify as a lake? Now I'm hair splitting.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sign.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	766912

They've got Brad and Moe making duck pasture as we speek.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
            Yep, doing the same as a lot of farmers do other than their goals for the land are different.

While I agree their management of the land leaves a lot to be desired I still support them in this area as they are the last organization standing against habitat destruction. Left to the surrounding grain farmers this mixed bush/oak savannah, slough and wetland area is fast becoming a treeless, waterless desert.
            Grass do you remember when the Wheat Board let you haul 3 bushels per cultivated acre ?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...