• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black Friday

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black Friday

Crude oil plunging another 7 percent today. Apple stock now down more than 25 percent from 2018 highs.

Now warning of a risk of a major downgrade of BBB bonds to junk status (3 trillion at risk) that could exceed 2008 financial crisis.

And the Fed and Bank of Canada talk-up rising interest rates on robust economies.

Gong-show in-progress . . . .

Spring wheat up 5 cents. Weather has been nice here this week, though not as nice as Mexico last week. Cnd $ is soft helping with our net prices. Grey Cup parties on Sunday, yeehah!!!!!! Not black everywhere.

Comment

Dollars only come into existance with new debt, without a steady flow of new debt and new dollars coming into the system how can interest on existing debt be repaid? It can't and what value does that dollar have if the debts are not repaid? Its called counterparty risk, enjoy it.

Like I said before the Fed will kill the patient if they remove the stimulus.

Comment

Black Friday here today as well.

Oh wait.......... that’s every day for me😎

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
          Black Friday here today as well.

Oh wait.......... that’s every day for me😎
          They look alot more civilized than the animals stampeding walmart.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-23/shootings-stampedes-and-fights-black-friday-chaos-erupts-around-world

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
            They look alot more civilized than the animals stampeding walmart.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-11-23/shootings-stampedes-and-fights-black-friday-chaos-erupts-around-world
            The waterer froze up for this bunch overnight since it’s just a shallow line buried to it. So I had to fix up their winter waterer and after I let them access it they weren’t to polite either. There’s 950 head in this bunch so they have to learn how to pace themselves. No guns except for all the hunters after an elk or a couple deer which I gladly let them go looking for.

Comment

Apparently, S&P suffered 3rd worst U.S. Thanksgiving week since WWll today. Crude oil and credit markets under-siege. Bitcoin collapsing, not that anyone cares.

U.S. home builders now feeling the sudden slowdown offering steep price discounts and vacations etc. to move inventory. White House under pressure to place the blame on someone this weekend.

Monday markets may be interesting as traders get back to work after Thanksgiving weekend.

To me, credit markets are now the canary in the coal mine . . . .

Comment

Selloff now spreading to raw materials . . . Iron ore, coking coal, coal prices under heavy selling pressure. Steel traders now not replenishing stockpiles on reduced buying demand.

Asia slowdown triggers selling as China is largest producer and consumer of steel in the world.

Wheat up on Russia / Ukraine military tensions over weekend.

Trump / Xi meeting expected to generate little trade headway. Soybeans under pressure.

Comment

Sounds like gloom and doom BLACK FUTURE, not just Monday! So thankful for what? No future, no job, no income, trade war, higher interest rates, no economy, but lots of TAXES? Pass the joint...

Comment

Once the bubble bursts; it acts like dominos across markets. Now GM fallout which has a much bigger root attached called sub-prime auto loans.

Once debt is no longer a growth asset, look out . . . it becomes a heavy liability. This is the beginning of the painful debt unwind. No way of stopping this . . . . Central bankers now powerless.

Comment

Aww. Can't we do houses again? I want a cheap place in Arizona. I don't need another truck. Next one sure won't be a GM product. They don't need Canada so I don't need them ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by errolanderson View Post
                        Once the bubble bursts; it acts like dominos across markets. Now GM fallout which has a much bigger root attached called sub-prime auto loans.

Once debt is no longer a growth asset, look out . . . it becomes a heavy liability. This is the beginning of the painful debt unwind. No way of stopping this . . . . Central bankers now powerless.
                        "Central bankers now powerless." I do not agree they are behind the wheel and have total control. They can A) reverse the interest rate hikes B) implement QE4 like in 2008 and print C)or implement a 'Bail In' and seize a portion of everyones savings. D) let credit market seize up and implode.

D) Is most unlikely unless civil unrest is their ultimate goal.

You're right about one thing Errol the long term outlook is not pretty for the fiat based system of debt no matter which way the Fed proceeds.
                        Last edited by biglentil; Nov 26, 2018, 20:04.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
                          Aww. Can't we do houses again? I want a cheap place in Arizona. I don't need another truck. Next one sure won't be a GM product. They don't need Canada so I don't need them ever again.
                          Good one Tucker, you are on a roll!

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                            "Central bankers now powerless." I do not agree they are behind the wheel and have total control. They can A) reverse the interest rate hikes B) implement QE4 like in 2008 and print C)or implement a 'Bail In' and seize a portion of everyones savings. D) let credit market seize up and implode.

D) Is most unlikely unless civil unrest is their ultimate goal.

Your right about one thing Errol the long term outlook is not pretty for the fiat based system of debt no matter which way the Fed proceeds.
                            Nah nah nah nah nah na! Can't take my savings!

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                              Nah nah nah nah nah na! Can't take my savings!
                              Me neither! A, B, and C are all an attack on savings. With A and B the confiscation is hidden through inflation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...