• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guns Guns Guns Repeat Repeat Repeat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Chuck your right, I don't have a 'need'. People like you are always deciding what the rest of us need.
    Reminded today of a senior gentleman coming to elevator for a notary public back when FACs mandatory. The look on his face when he explained he had carried a gun in Europe for 6 years and didn't need a license then.
    Keep telling us what we need, especially if it's for the common good like CWB, unions, carbon taxes, wealth distribution, property confiscation, whatever.
    And sooner or later, as always happens, people like that senior gentleman, have to do a reset.

Comment

i agree with chuck chuck agstart and sawfly i hope i got them right and farma of course who doing a great job of diplomacy and fence sitting mind your jatz crackers sittting on a fence.....

Quote chuck chuck i think "Canada like Australia has a very urban and suburban culture. For the few of us who live in rural Canada guns are a bigger part of the culture." That the issue urban suburban really have no need for guns or casual use only die hard hunters that live in cities need guns. And im sure most of them have connection with rural life somewere.

And again in rural but real dont think we have a gun culture as i stated i have only enough firearms for my needs nothing more nothing less that got brought up a few posts back.

Not sure about my next comment maybe someone can cut and paste somewere, but hasnt switzerland got almost highest gun ownership in the world but least gun crime/vilolence so it can be done but i stand corrected and could be way off with that comment.

ok did a cut and paste bad me "The country has about 2 million privately owned guns in a nation of 8.3 million people. In 2016, the country had 47 attempted homicides with firearms. The country's overall murder rate is near zero. The National Rifle Association often points to Switzerland to argue that more rules on gun ownership aren't necessary."

Ok thats fine but and i expect to get flamed /trolled, its the "right to bear arms" thats ingrained into usa residents almost angry gun owners wereas swiss are just gun owners "happy" gun owners hope that make sense not well written or explained farma's prob only one that gets my drift at times.

Hey maybe switzerland doesnt have as many crazyies or maybe becuase switzerland has been a nuetral country in wars of the years they dont have the same mentality as other countries.

Think im out of my depth here but i will waffle on.......japan i think is another interesting test case almost zero guns there. Ive been to rural sweden denmark bit the same as me kinda bare minimum of guns not sure what there laws are, and the nutter in norway what 5 or 6 years ago guess they have changed laws as well.
      Last edited by malleefarmer; Nov 12, 2018, 02:40.

Comment

Mallee....I usually have a jatz cracker on either side of the fence when I'm straddling it. I have given my opinion on this topic ad nauseam before. I am certainly not anti-gun but as I've said before don't understand why anyone needs a military style assault weapon(I know that term irks some people) for recreation use. Even high capacity magazines, why? And as most others state, the criminals will always find access to what ever they want.

How do we prevent the everyday run of the mill person from going over the deep end? I would like to compare the personal profile and mental state of the assailants of the mass shootings, besides the guns are there many other common denominators? Thats where symptoms not causes come into play. So to penalize the rest of society because of afew, afew, afew....pick your term to describe the asssilants, really isn't fair to the VAST majority of responsible gun owners/users. Just about anything can be used as a "weapon".

Comment

Comparing other countries gun per capita against the USA is useless. Other countries don't have an out dated, misconstrued 2nd amendment, the Wild West gun mentality, and the biggest and most powerful lobbing organization NRA

The NRA totally controls the GOP, especially Trump, and to a point the Democrats.

Unfortunately we'll all be hearing the most famous phrase, that makes all the pain and suffering go away immediately "Thoughts and Prayers, Thoughts and Prayers, Thoughts and Prayers"

Comment

Couldn't agree more on the empty platitudes of "thoughts and prayers". Something likely needs to be done....

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Couldn't agree more on the empty platitudes of "thoughts and prayers". Something likely needs to be done....
              Interesting comment about .."thoughts and prayers"....Trudeau answers a lot of questions with that phrase ..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...