• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A chance to act on seed saving/end point royalties etc

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think there is a huge over production of grains, I bet it is a fairly fine balancing act of alot of hand to mouth buying. As unlikely as it would be, if there was next to zero production for a year what would the stocks to use be, farming101?

Imagine an "impact winter" from a meteor strike. Look how smoke from a forest fire can affect the growing season...now imagine something many times more drastic. Ya right, there's too much grain, it's life's sustenance not something life on earth can survive without.

After all the livestock and grain had been consumed the only thing left is cannibalism, can you imagine the chaos if there was a multi year world famine.

Another comment on the theory of over production....we have been driven to it by the very thing that is causing it...like you said WD9...produce more to pay for the things we use to grow a crop that keep going up in price, a vicious circle...if over production is indeed a reality.

Comment

You'd be boiling your old work boots in short order.

92.9 days 2016/17
      91.9 days 2017/18
      82.4 days 2018/19 (forecast)

The world goes through about 7.175 million tonnes of grain a day
      Includes Wheat, Corn, Sorghum, Barley, Oats, Rye, Millet, Mixed grains and milled Rice.

According to USDA
      https://www.usda.gov/oce/commodity/wasde/latest.pdf https://www.usda.gov/oce/commodity/wasde/latest.pdf

Comment

.....thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
          .....thank you.
          ive always said if there was such overproduction every year, where is all the excess getting dumped? land fills, ocean?

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
            ive always said if there was such overproduction every year, where is all the excess getting dumped? land fills, ocean?
            Have you seen the shiny silver snow fences in some yards?????

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
              Have you seen the shiny silver snow fences in some yards?????
              That doesn't indicate over production though.

Here's one for you, think of storage as another marketing tool, "options" cost money too and every year if you want to use them...I think this could turn into a long drawn out debate...I am conceding early.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                That doesn't indicate over production though.

Here's one for you, think of storage as another marketing tool, "options" cost money too and every year if you want to use them...I think this could turn into a long drawn out debate...I am conceding early.
                Well i will concede as well...since I put the bins up this year...yes I bought bins for **** sakes because I didn't think I could make the round trips since the elevator closed....durum has dropped over a buck a bushel....wheat I think is even....lentils are ****ed ...peas are moving up but I sold off the combine...flax went off the combine because I have learnt the hard way I can't store flax...and the soybeans were not a big storage issue...

Comment

Nothing wrong with using USDA #s, however no one knows how large the Chinese strategic grain reserve, to name one, is. But there's also a lot of Chinese.
                  Bins are everyone's first marketing tool.
                  Especially if you live where you can never move it.

As far as sitting on boards and committees and being present at the moment of changes, I'm not cut out for that stuff. But it's a free country. If you want to know what goes on, you've gotta get involved.
                  Notice I said know, not affect.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                    however no one knows how large the Chinese strategic grain reserve"
                    People, think about that comment BP made....

I will highlight the three important words "STRATEGIC GRAIN RESERVE".

The situation is not as comfortable as the markets would like you to believe, and that "comfort" level changes from year to year.

Comment

Hello..!
                      We are selling a john deere 5055E tractor, year 2015
                      tractor in very good condition
                      Very little used, and maintenance done at a dealership.
                      Additional photos available on request
                      Price: very affordable (thank you for contacting us)
                      Thank you to answer us
                      The team of SCAMAC-EQUIPEMENTS
                      Email: info@equipements-scamac.comClick image for larger version

Name:	JD 5055E 1.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	766892

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...