• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Thank you notes

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Thank you notes

Thank you for another week of nice weather....

Thank you for dry durum that is now worthless.

Thank you for the rumblings of a grain backlog in October instead of March...not that it makes a difference the railways are not moving 500000 tonnes a week...

Thank you for more expenses to my farm... higher fuel costs and longer drives ....I would have burned 25 percent of what i did trucking had the Eyebrow elevator stayed open....and saved 3000 kms of driving or more...

Thank you to the CGC who didn't know grade or dockage determinants of soybeans....I kid you not on this one....

Thank you to the local grainco that got it figured out and a shout out to the lady at Saskpulse that pointed out 15 % splits is allowed in a 2soybean ...

A big thank you to no major breakdowns during this harvest ...one section and a feeder house chain adjustment....

Yup. Thank you for what I would argue is better machinery.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
      Yup. Thank you for what I would argue is better machinery.
      Nope ....I forgot did blow a beater bearing at the back on a bearing that will never receive grease even if you grease it every day....hole for grease is on inboard side and the grease nipple is on the outboard side and its a flange bearing....many combines have burned up because of this flaw and no service guy wants to let the JD area rep know about it...

I shouldn't mention good luck with my machines today or tomorrow they will have a major...
      Last edited by bucket; Oct 26, 2018, 08:05.

Comment

Thankful to have wrappped up the 18 harvest late yesterday aft noon. Thanks to everyone on the crew. She was a long one!! Was loosing hope quick if we were ever going to get it off. Thx to the big guy upstairs.
        Hope everyone out there with crop out can get done what’s left.

Comment

Thank you for maybe last few summer days...to get stuff done for next year...Click image for larger version

Name:	051.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	766858
          Thanks Federated Coop for running out of summer diesel!

Comment

Very thankful to be able to finish harvest after such a long downtime.
            Thankful to be able to get a decent amount of NH3 on.

Comment

Do you guys fall apply fert to every acre if you can?

Comment

I have some left over liquid N would like to put that on just before it rains or snows. Never done it this time of the year wonder if it recommend to do this time of the year?

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
                  I have some left over liquid N would like to put that on just before it rains or snows. Never done it this time of the year wonder if it recommend to do this time of the year?
                  Sure why not, huts squirt on alot of 28 this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                    Sure why not, huts squirt on alot of 28 this time of year.
                    I’m thankful I don’t watch what the local hutts do, I would be broke years ago. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      Do you guys fall apply fert to every acre if you can?
                      Yes..blend on in fall.straight phos in spring..

Comment

Not much applied here in fall....people with lots of money who can afford floaters sometimes put on "smart" N.... when did broadcasting become vogue? Sign of too much money as far as I'm concerned. But very little banding. And i know if no one who dribbles liquid this time of year....most are stuck double shooting.

Every area is different.

Comment

My thank you is to Mother Nature, you couldn’t let us get yo the finish line on one of my best crops ever.

A thank you to Mother corp with a timed demo.

Pissed on a Friday.

Comment

Last fall I did two N trials .. canola this year
                            300 ac field .... wheat stubble
                            100 ac NH3 , with fancy, Very expensive N stabilizer
                            100 ac super U ... very expensive and had to pay someone to float on
                            100 ac 28-0/0 with reasonable cost N stabilizer , ContaiN from Ag Explore did with my own sprayer with stream nozzles and full sectional control
                            The other field was 150 ac pea stubble
                            50 ac each , same as above
                            Watched all year
                            Tissue sampled each area at full cabbage
                            Every test was near identical
                            Yield this fall in canola was virtually the same in all areas
                            28-0-0 was by far the most cost effective

Comment

Furrow good to know I would sure like to discuss that after harvest. How’s it going up your way.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...