• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot deals alberta cold in sask.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grant devine is the only hope rural sask ever had

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
      This sask party has no plan for ag , same as when our town was floating away in 15 ?
      Used stupid excuses to not pay on prov disaster assistance
      Our rm was still waiting after 2 years
      Oil companies , actually refineries Are ****ing us , federated co op is leading the way
      You would not get back more carbon tax then you pay
      Your union neighbor might
      Agree with that!

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post

Hell the NDP couldn't even spell Framer.
        That irony thing again, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
          That sounds like a clever marketing story. It is plausible and has to be worth at least an extra $1.00/pound and a message to the farmer he is lucky to have secured the seed.
          Or, it could go the other way. With most of the canola crop still out, immature, and likely to be absurdly high in greens, plus completely frozen pods, plus all of the heat damage, flower blast and abortion this summer, plus how many wrecks with heated canola there will be this winter, plus the high seed costs, how many will be saying it's not worth the cost and risk and cut back their acres. Retailers might find that pricing at what the market will bear has a different meaning next year.
          In the areas that were able to get any harvest done, a lot of cereals, and peas were taken off before the nasty weather, but almost everywhere, the canola is still out, and very far behind.

Then consider the prices of feed wheat and feed barley, and right now, they are pencilling out better around than canola, with less risk.

Comment

But they can make it up on volume.....

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by SASKFARMER3

Hell the NDP couldn't even spell Framer.

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              Yes, spelling mistakes and speech to text errors happen all the time, but sometimes the context is just too funny, too bad SF3 can't see the humour in it. Although, he may have a point, there wasn't exactly a housing boom back during the NDP era, so perhaps they didn't know much about carpenters either.

Comment

Yup I remember framing in the late eighties talk about starvation, I wintered on oatmeal and rice about 4 months, applying for a job pumping gas and over 800 people applying for the same position.

Ranching in mad cow years are tough but I didn’t starve.

Comment

Hate to say it but I also went dumpster diving so I could find enough bottles to cash in at a Chinese corner store so I could buy a couple of dollars worth of gasoline to get home.

Good times with the NDP in power.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                    not sure but I think sf3 did that on purpose
                    back in the day on a shitty fall like this , the communists released a press release with "farmer" spelled "framer". they were shamed over it . had to be there, I guess ? they really looked bad over it , was bad timing for a govt in power at the time !

Comment

I ****ed up this morning , our overnight temp was -17, yes MINUS 17 , October 9 . maybe check the record books for that ??? this is confirming what tge experts have been saying about the decreased sunspots or whatever the **** it's called

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                        Hate to say it but I also went dumpster diving so I could find enough bottles to cash in at a Chinese corner store so I could buy a couple of dollars worth of gasoline to get home.

Good times with the NDP in power.
                        With today's hyper inflationary gas price, you would need to visit a lot of dumpsters before you got home.

Comment

I ****ed up this morning , our overnight temp was -17, yes MINUS 17 , October 9 . maybe check the record books for that ??? this is confirming what tge experts have been saying about the decreased sunspots or whatever the **** it's called
                          That would be the cue for the resident troll and card-carrying cult member to Provide a cut and paste which Proves that this is exactly what we should expect from global warming.

Comment

If I remember correctly gas was around 30 cents a litre.

I’m glad my luck has changed.

Comment

Provincial politicians like to take credit for the good times. But the reality is the province has no control over interest rates, commodity prices or the weather. Partisans like to forget this in their rewrites of history.

The Grant Devine 80s were a disaster for agriculture. High interest rates, low grain prices and drought pushed many farmers into bankruptcy. Oil was worth bugger all and the province was migrating west.

Grain farmers received some subsidy payments under the Western Grain Stabilization program during Trudeau, Turner and Mulroney governments.

Devine loaned every farmer $25 per acre. I put the loan in the bank and collected 11% interest and paid it all back. This went to every farm whether they needed it or not.

Comment

not sure but I think sf3 did that on purpose
                                back in the day on a shitty fall like this , the communists released a press release with "farmer" spelled "framer". they were shamed over it . had to be there, I guess ? they really looked bad over it , was bad timing for a govt in power at the time !
                                yah, he did that on purpose, i found it quite funny. Kinda reminded me of BTOFarmall.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...