• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This just might be the year....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
    Apparently the BIGGEST operation, 18000 acres or so, is done in a day or two. Ten 690's, 1500 acres per day! 1000Bu/ hour drier helps. A finely tuned well oiled operation from an observer. Oh and SOLD the swathers, 100% straight cut canola, oats and wheat.
    Wow, even if bought at Ritchie's that's around 2.25 million or $125 per acre. Near new double that easily.
    No wonder we're not done. Haven't spent enough on machinery.

Does Jimmy take them supper in the field?

Comment

Apparently the BIGGEST operation, 18000 acres or so, is done in a day or two. Ten 690's, 1500 acres per day! 1000Bu/ hour drier helps. A finely tuned well oiled operation from an observer. Oh and SOLD the swathers, 100% straight cut canola, oats and wheat.
      Fj, average 1800 acres/combine every year or just ironed up big this year with rentals to "git er done" because of shit conditions?

Comment

Maybe those are the right numbers for this yr..
        We farm 1500 acres and we got done yesterday..
        Big hug to my Combine Queen who does a amazing job driving our combine...

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post

Congratulations PP (Partner Power). Now join those Canada Geese for the southern pilgimmage?

Comment

I think this might be the year to make downsizing next year very attractive.
            %40 of inventory $value left out.
            Have to custom dry what I do have.
            Third year of stupid. Drought yields to boot.
            Time for an accounting.

Comment

Odds of getting week of harvest weather that we need to finish canola are getting worse.
              Mid October could be fifty-fifty.
              Like a lot of others, have enough done to cover costs, so thankful on Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                I think this might be the year to make downsizing next year very attractive.
                %40 of inventory $value left out.
                Have to custom dry what I do have.
                Third year of stupid. Drought yields to boot.
                Time for an accounting.
                Agree, around the table, we read over my crop notes from 1997, half harvests from HELL, some fantastic/early! Take enough years and it's a living, if you can cope/survive with the minus years. Shit has all happened before, CLIMATE has NOT changed, neither has $/Bu. But have NEVER left crop over winter either, time will tell.
                Last edited by fjlip; Oct 8, 2018, 14:08.

Comment

Agree
                  X2. This business model of borrow more to grow more is in for a rude awakening. Weather isn't cooperating due to cooling. Pretty good odds interest rates will double by this time next year. **** this shit. Time to pullback. Have at it big boys

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    Fj, average 1800 acres/combine every year or just ironed up big this year with rentals to "git er done" because of shit conditions?
                    Some maybe not all have 7th crop on them, plus custom. In shop maintained, many drivers of course. About 6 are owned others are custom hired.

Comment

We all come to inflection points.
                      In 02, after an accounting I sold the cows. Next spring looked like a genius after BSE hit.
                      In 06 I doubled down on current debt and came out smelling like a rose after prices doubled before costs did.
                      This coming year I believe I will do a right sizing. Down. Pit of my stomach trying to tell me something.

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                        We are 1550 /ac per class 8 , wouldnt want any less combine here in the swampClick image for larger version

Name:	AA3B5111-B721-47AD-ADFE-228E832D9AF9.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	766805we grow a lot of straw

Comment

This will be the year here in NW Sask , there is no way it will all come off now

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            This will be the year here in NW Sask , there is no way it will all come off now
                            Yep it’s a challenge on the nerves to say the least.
                            Still wondering at what point the grain buyers will take notice.

Comment

Originally posted by quadtrac View Post

.....they know! Harvest Happy Hour will be extended until further notice.

Comment

Originally posted by quadtrac View Post
                                I seriously think they don’t care , they figured in the bushels two months ago and until it’s next May they will figure it into total production as exportable usable grain. They will do anything possible to keep a lid on prices.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...