• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This just might be the year....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedgehog View Post
    I cant believe you guys dont have big driers.
    i sure hope the weather turns

I hope it dries for you
    That's kinda like saying "I can't believe you don't have big enough combines to take your crop off in 4 days". That's all I had to harvest dry grain. 4 days. It was early and the wheat still had green in it. It was Trudeau wheat, just not ready. I have a dryer that can handle 15 or 20 thousand bushels and it's a great dryer. Who the hell should need a dryer that can handle the other 80000? This shit isn't our fault. We've all done an unbelievable job taking western Canada's crop off so far. Never before have so few worked so hard to feed so many who ****ing hate us for the shiny paint we drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
      That's kinda like saying "I can't believe you don't have big enough combines to take your crop off in 4 days". That's all I had to harvest dry grain. 4 days. It was early and the wheat still had green in it. It was Trudeau wheat, just not ready. I have a dryer that can handle 15 or 20 thousand bushels and it's a great dryer. Who the hell should need a dryer that can handle the other 80000? This shit isn't our fault. We've all done an unbelievable job taking western Canada's crop off so far. Never before have so few worked so hard to feed so many who ****ing hate us for the shiny paint we drive.
      good points ...before the shit weather hit most crops were barely dry or cured....pushing green all harvest....cant believe the way some people think...

if local elevators can't make a case for dryers or even starting them up ....how the **** does an individual farmer?
      Last edited by bucket; Oct 5, 2018, 17:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Tucker View Post
        Agreed. One month now since we had harvest weather.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
          good points ...before the shit weather hit most crops were barely dry or cured....pushing green all harvest....cant believe the way some people think...

if local elevators can't make a case for dryers or even starting them up ....how the **** does an individual farmer?
          With the shortage of harvested crop..they should be real happy to buy anything regardless of moisture. Might be a long winter for them too..

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

In this area every elevator has a dryer. However, some larger farms here probably have higher capacity. 1000 bushels an hour don’t suffice for an inland terminal.

Comment

A year like this should make a few farmers maybe question who really gains from the 3 fungicide passes and the variable rate such and such and so on and so forth. If it's all sitting out degrading daily what was gained by an extra few bushels?

Comment

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
                A year like this should make a few farmers maybe question who really gains from the 3 fungicide passes and the variable rate such and such and so on and so forth. If it's all sitting out degrading daily what was gained by an extra few bushels?
                And happily taking the drying discount just to be able to sell the ****ing stuff....maybe no one noticed my rants about growing more and making less.....

Then to have to put up with ignorant farm reps that can't muster the courage to ask for government help for the shit going on in our industry while the dairy industry is in negotiations already..

Doesn't anyone else find it odd that pulse canada is taxpayer funded but they don't think primary producers should have an adhoc payment...

Comment

I want warranty on my canola. I was told the high price should give me 60 bushels to the acre. It's around thirty and now shelling by wind and snow I want half my money back.

Comment

Well i am on the map, started on my best wheat, got a single axle of crap testing 17 full of green.

Comment

On a plus side rat shit wheat has 14 protein.

Comment

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
                        And a lot of agronomists ... lol

Comment

Fusarium infected durum is worth almost the same price as 1CWAD with protein. Why on earth would you even think about putting down fungicide.

Comment

Patience, in as little time as one or two crops (or years) the quality/pricing cycle will revert.

Comment

HRSW wheat harvesting around here. Moisture the last couple of days running between 15.7 to 17 on samples. The BIG question is just how much of this tough wheat is the system going to be able to handle?

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                                Apparently the BIGGEST operation, 18000 acres or so, is done in a day or two. Ten 690's, 1500 acres per day! 1000Bu/ hour drier helps. A finely tuned well oiled operation from an observer. Oh and SOLD the swathers, 100% straight cut canola, oats and wheat.
                                Wow, really? Most operations that size locally would have half the number of combined.

The biggest bto does around a 100,000 acres with 18 s680s.

We do more than half those acres with 2 S680s.

But then we are just over half done. Lol.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...