• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trudeau under preasure to get NAFTA done.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know her qualifications?

Even if its a fake picture ...the question still stands.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
      To sacrifice 100,000 auto jobs would be political suicide. Yet even Ford is touting this to protect dairy farmers.
      Not true - Ford is saying that both SM and auto jobs have to be protected. Should tell you something when both the Government and opposition at Provincial and Federal are solidly behind Canada's efforts with NAFTA. Only here on Agriville does the majority want to sell out to the US in an attempt to discredit the Trudeau Government.

Comment

Wow grass and explain how your not a liberal

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
          Wow grass and explain how your not a liberal
          Easy, i've never voted for them in my life. You on the other hand do.

But what's that got to do with my post highlighting that there is in fact solidarity across the political spectrum in Canada on our approach to renegotiating NAFTA and the fact that Canada must get a good deal. The only place I ever see suggestions of capitulation to the US, or hoping the USA defeats Canada in these negotiations is on Agriville.

Comment

I see a national revolt in the making headed up by Saskatchewan and Alberta against the carbon tax, Quebec against loss of supply management, and Ontario to boot, and there is nothing the feds can do because they let Quebec not sign the constitution and do their own thing. It set a precedent and other jurisdictions have stayed in line preserving the federation for sake of stability. Now we have an incompetent federal government that has lost the allegiance of provincial counterparts. This country is on the verge of collapse cause the feds can’t and won’t reign in dissenters because they have no real power, especially if the 3 big provinces get together.

As much as I don’t care for the zeitgeist of the American administration it in a way is doing us a service in a strange way by its destabilization of the world because it forces us to not be lazy traders, improve infrastructure to facilitate more foreign exports, and possibly refurbish a more fair and effective federal govt. We still need a good relationship with the USA and it will come but relying on them and being controlled by them isn’t good neither. Trump will be gone in 6 years or less and another will take his place; friendly to us or not, but the same influences and controls no matter political stripe. We don’t need idiots dealing with them.

Comment

Is that gentleman standing beside Chrystia in the photo, rolling one up?

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                .... Now we have an incompetent federal government that has lost the allegiance of provincial counterparts.....
                Simply not true on the NAFTA issue. All Provinces, regardless of ruling party, are solidly behind the Federal Government to protect Canadian interests against foreign attack.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                  Simply not true on the NAFTA issue. All Provinces, regardless of ruling party, are solidly behind the Federal Government to protect Canadian interests against foreign attack.
                  I’m not disputing that. Maybe read my post again. The disintegration of this country will come from internal struggles and a govt with no true authority over provinces. External struggles are what bring us all together. I was arguing two separate but intertwined topics.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                    Does anyone know her qualifications?

Even if its a fake picture ...the question still stands.
                    Former journalist.

Unfortunately the pictures are real and was taken in Washington DC.....this is the type of person we have representing us on the international stage now.

Comment

If that picture is indeed true, my respect for the Governing party just died a little more again. I am now even deeper in negative respect territory. This is what happens when you place people without qualifications and credentials into jobs they aren't qualified for....only in Government!!! It all started with the swearing in of a quota based cabinet. If we've learned nothing from this....I guess the idiom "we get the government we deserve" will never ring truer.

Can I borrow a couple of phrases from Remembrance Day?...

"NEVER AGAIN" and "LEST WE FORGET".

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                        Former journalist.

Unfortunately the pictures are real and was taken in Washington DC.....this is the type of person we have representing us on the international stage now.
                        We re really judging people by pictures of their casual dress? Let's see what kind of deal we get maybe.

Comment

To me it's taunting the people of the other negotiating country.

A lack of respect and professionalism and before anyone accuses the other country of doing the same...do we have to stoop too?

Comment

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
                            We re really judging people by pictures of their casual dress? Let's see what kind of deal we get maybe.
                            It was during a trip to Washington DC to discuss NAFTA so VERY unprofessional.
                            Attending a few panels to discuss how terrible American leaders are as well were also unprofessional moves.

These actions show us that they don’t want NAFTA to succeed or don’t care if it succeeds.

These civil servants have to remember who their bosses are and represent us to the best of their abilities.

Comment

"...best of their abilities"? I EXPECT MORE THAN WE'RE GETTING FROM THEM.

Look....that ****en T-shirt was specially made....I assume it is a one of a kind.

You can't sugar coat this shit!

O88, that rant isn't directed at you. I just used a snippet of your post.
                              Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 19, 2018, 21:06.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                                If that picture is indeed true, my respect for the Governing party just died a little more again. I am now even deeper in negative respect territory. This is what happens when you place people without qualifications and credentials into jobs they aren't qualified for....only in Government!!! It all started with the swearing in of a quota based cabinet. If we've learned nothing from this....I guess the idiom "we get the government we deserve" will never ring truer.

Can I borrow a couple of phrases from Remembrance Day?...

"NEVER AGAIN" and "LEST WE FORGET".
                                Its not only the ones in leadership positions. You just described the majority of the gov workforce.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...