• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's hoping for an economic reset soon in ag

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Farmers LOL! The only business group in the world hoping for a major failure in their industry, otherwise known as a correction. But remember when the big "correction " comes, the one your hoping for, where does that leave your operation and your family. Come on already I know that as a farmer your behind the 8 ball all the time with little to no control over most things involving your commodity but hoping for a crash isn't the answer.

Comment

Sk-whtking....is the term "reset" more palatable?

I hear you loud and clear otherwise. But we need to keep up to the rest of the Industry too. Unless everyone will have to farm 30 thousand acres on tight margins just to "make a living"! **** it then...

Comment

Think of it this way then, after the reset...if everyone's piece of the pie stays the same on a percentage basis...what's the point of shrinking the size of the pie?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
          Agree with everything you wrote except this. Say the average farmers starts at 30 ( assuming, like most of us, we had to go out and make a living first to get enough capital)....
          I've always thought that was a flawed model. I started full time at 16 (regular school leaving age in the UK) and never regretted it. Most farmers over there are the same, it's an occupation for the young and fit - the sooner you get into it and learn the ropes the better. Saw lots of "retired from the oilpatch to farm" guys in AB and some of them were worn out physically and most permanently bitter about how they weren't making enough money farming. If there isn't enough money made in a business to bring in and employ a school leaver while they learn the ropes there maybe isn't a business?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            Think of it this way then, after the reset...if everyone's piece of the pie stays the same on a percentage basis...what's the point of shrinking the size of the pie?
            Very true, and the same can be said for the trade war. The US will undoubtedly win, and win big, but thw orld wide pie will shrink by so much that they will still be no better off.

I can't wrap my head around so many hoping for their neighbors failure

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...