• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola rotations

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    she's a big old freight train lumbering towards the mountain , slowly but surely , picking up speed now ......
    went southwest of melfort today , quarter after quarter after quarter of green canola gettin knocked down .
    looked like the attack of the Massey swathers
    I have a friend in Melfort and they said it didn’t freeze much there. What does the canola look like?

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
      Initially it is not greed. It is ambition. Eventually it becomes necessary.

Consider that some farmers can't afford not to grow canola.
      True enough. Myself included. Have pushed canola frequency enough in my view. Every other year on some fields but will trend back to one year in 3. Most of this hilly rocky country is wheat-canola. Lot of barley and oats grown at one time but as cattle left the country the need dwindled. However, I hope feed barley stays reasonably attractive to grow so I have something for wheat stubble. Fava beans are working for some but maturity scares me and I know there’s only certain fields that would be hot enough.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...