• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Info Climate Comment

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
    I'm in the same boat on the holiday thing, but that ultimately is a choice both of us make. Some of the posters here seem to take 5 holidays a year involving air travel and think they should get paid for saving the planet, that's the irony.

Doubling the price of fuel would make people think and that's what's needed. I'm used to fuel prices being double what they are here and as a result in Europe you don't get secretaries commuting to work in 6 litre trucks. Yeah, we have winter here and bad road conditions but for the times you don't people need to think fuel efficiency. Cutting usage cuts emissions but even if it didn't, and if climate change wasn't an issue we simply cannot continue to burn our way through the worlds finite resources at the rate we are.
    We are on the same page here. I've posted my logic before, so won't repeat it ad nauseum, but we could make a very convincing case for cutting energy/fuel consumption, that doesn't involve CO2, and I would be all for it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...