• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people make business decisions and some make emotional decisions.

I will agree to a degree with GF and AF5...but will put it in my own words and include "luck"...its how you manage the good or bad luck along the way.

Comment

Now does history repeat, you bet yesterday a real estate agent was at our place and wow the F#$K said the same thing I heard back in the 80s they aren't making any more and now is the time to SELL.

No, I am not selling the farm, maybe doing the liquidation of an asset 50 km away.

Sell fast before all the export customers are broke: Turkey, India, Pakistan, Mexico, and the big one China. Not to mention Japan, the most heavily indebted per capita nation in the world. Export markets will resemble a food aid program in 10 yrs. See post on Lira. Make sure you get $USD from sale. This go round could make the 80's a picnic.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
        Now does history repeat, you bet yesterday a real estate agent was at our place and wow the F#$K said the same thing I heard back in the 80s they aren't making any more and now is the time to SELL.

No, I am not selling the farm, maybe doing the liquidation of an asset 50 km away.

Sell fast before all the export customers are broke: Turkey, India, Pakistan, Mexico, and the big one China. Not to mention Japan, the most heavily indebted per capita nation in the world. Export markets will resemble a food aid program in 10 yrs. See post on Lira. Make sure you get $USD from sale. This go round could make the 80's a picnic.
        Do you expect that the citizens of those countries will be starving to death in 10 years, since they can no longer afford to import food?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post

So all the good managers have good luck and all the bad managers have bad luck? What happens if a bad manager has good luck and a good manager has bad luck?
          The bad manager will likely squander the opportunity, incorrectly attributing the cause of the event, and it's future probability, setting him/herself up for future failure when the "luck" fails to materialize without good management to cause it.

The good manager will learn from the event make changes to management to avoid such "bad luck" in the future, possibly failing and having to pick up the pieces and move on.

Two posters on this site are prime examples, one has moved to greener pastures twice and is in the middle of an epic drought in an otherwise reliable area, haven't heard any whining or laying blame. One complains about nearly everything, but stays in the same area, and rarely offers anything positive which is being done to mitigate the problems encountered repeatedly.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
            Do you expect that the citizens of those countries will be starving to death in 10 years, since they can no longer afford to import food?
            Yes. Poverty and hunger around the globe is once again on the rise. Most obvious example is Venezuela

Comment

You never see the leaders of these so-called countries with all the big ideas starving.

But the idiots that vote them in Oh yea they get the shaft.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...