• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme Heat! Next 7 Days!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows of the house soaking wet in the mornings, hay is drying slow. Can’t seem to win!

Comment

If it doesn't change its going to take a long time for a swathed crop to dry.

Comment

102° and climbing here. Wow. Everything green noticeably wilting.

Comment

Above what temperature does it feel all the same....too ****en hot!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            25C for me!

Comment

34 degrees here with 30% humidity and windy. Nice for baling except the tractor keeps getting too hot and visibility is down to a half mile from the smoke. Bales and trees disappear after that point. You can stare at the sun without shades though.

The close trees are a quarter mile away and the further ones are half mile away.

Everything is roasting nicely here😎

Comment

Regina area showing 38-39 degrees on thermometer at 4:00.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  30 degrees for me.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                    25C for me!
                    25 or cooler is my preferred temp as well.

My favorite season is fall. A nip in the air in the morning not too hot daytime and when it gets cool towards dark, time to go home.

Comment

Depends on humidity. Humid and 22 is hard to take. Was in drumheller and it was 37. Dry. Felt nicer than when it is 25 here with our dripping high humidity.

Today was 33. Hottest it has been in many, many years.

Comment

Apparently it hit 40 in town today, about 37 at lake , spent the afternoon in the lake mostly.
                        Just finished spraying reglone on a field tonight. Going to be very windy tomorrow, rain Sunday / part Monday so thought get at least one field done , or wait possibly 4-5 days if it rains much . Might be a good way to get combines rolling a bit sooner than waiting and dog fukin .

Comment

Peaked out at 103°f/39.5°c here ... not the hottest I've seen, but humidity of 30% at that temp is impossible to work in.

A few places in ab hit their highest ever recorded temp in august and possibly ever recorded. Would need greater than 113°f/45°c to beat the highest I've seen in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                            Peaked out at 103°f/39.5°c here ... not the hottest I've seen, but humidity of 30% at that temp is impossible to work in.

A few places in ab hit their highest ever recorded temp in august and possibly ever recorded. Would need greater than 113°f/45°c to beat the highest I've seen in my lifetime.
                            Maybe today Helmsdale. For here the highest temp was in 2003 @ 35.4 degrees C. Forecast is for 39, yuk.

Comment

Today we’re 31 and could get to 60 km gusts at lake then 33 at farm and 36 in Regina.

Explains why canola is nicer in the NE.

But the experts wanted 25 mil acres all in the south because that’s prime canola area.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...