• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extreme Heat! Next 7 Days!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Among a good cry, a pee, and a subsidy a blade of grass might grow. Poor 1" me. Blah, blah, blah.

The smoke rolled in this morning to SE Sk. It will shave a few degrees off the high for today. Thank you, whomever.

Some of you young guys who haven't had their senses knocked out of them from farming could tell us the original location of the smoke from the type of wood odor in the air.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
      Bashing his practices and telling him what to do? I was merely asking a question.
      I suppose I'm not allowed to ask sheepwheat where the forest fires are that are causing his haze either? There sure are a lot of tinpot little dictators on this site all of the sudden trying to control what others can and can't post.
      Get lost, get a life!

Comment

See patches in canola changing colour, first ones a week or so ago.
        Checked seed and can find a few black ones.
        Every day hot and no rain has to decrease yield but also gets things ahead of early frost.
        Started combining barley, yield in eighties, bushel weight 50 pounds.
        Malt premium close to twenty percent, worth trying for.

Comment

Has it actually been hot anywhere the last two days? Was 24 yesterday, 26 today.

Comment

33 yesterday, 34 today, forecasting 36 tomorrow, 39-40 friday, and 34 Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
              Has it actually been hot anywhere the last two days? Was 24 yesterday, 26 today.
              30+ here today along with a warm breeze to really suck the life outta Ya!

Comment

Forecast for Friday locally has varied between 33 and 38. That is unheard of in recent memory. The 24 year records through environment Canada for early August are almost all under 30 degrees.
                The smoke does make it more bearable, although it hasn't convinced the forecasters to dial back their numbers at all.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
                  Bashing his practices and telling him what to do? I was merely asking a question.
                  I suppose I'm not allowed to ask sheepwheat where the forest fires are that are causing his haze either? There sure are a lot of tinpot little dictators on this site all of the sudden trying to control what others can and can't post.
                  I understand BC and Washington state is where the smoke is from. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/smoke-from-b-c-wildfires-prompt-air-quality-advisories-across-alberta-1.4777625

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                    I understand BC and Washington state is where the smoke is from. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/smoke-from-b-c-wildfires-prompt-air-quality-advisories-across-alberta-1.4777625
                    Good to hear from you Tom. How are crops in your part of the world?

Comment

Yes the smoke helped big time yesterday, most likely today as well . Leaves Friday as one real hot day then big change for a few days. Looks like we dodged the “heat wave” and got a couple warm days and one hot day here in this area

Comment

So far we’re on average three C less than Regina on most days so far and thick smoke.

Comment

Been short of forecast temps by three to six degrees. No thirty here yet. Wanted it for my slow drying hay here in humidville.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                            Been short of forecast temps by three to six degrees. No thirty here yet. Wanted it for my slow drying hay here in humidville.
                            Yes the humidity is just insane this summer and with summer being a little short on rain where dose it come from?
                            70% right now and I don't think it went much below 55% in the middle of the afternoon.

Is this just an eastern problem or are other areas just as bad?

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                              Yes the humidity is just insane this summer and with summer being a little short on rain where dose it come from?
                              70% right now and I don't think it went much below 55% in the middle of the afternoon.

Central ab usually humid wet and cooler but not this year. Today was 34C, 22% humidity and windy, never seen anything like this here, everything is just dying. We are cooling down at night with some dew but that's the only moisture. We will be harvesting before too long, will be a first that we have done anything in August here.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post

We had that here last week couldn't get hay baled until late in the afternoon due to humidity. Not had as much humidity as we usually get this summer with it being so dry but it still picks the moisture up from the lakes and large water bodies I think.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...