• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Saudi Arabia Stops Trade /w Canada

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember Ad Scam? That was self serving for the Liberals. We have talked about this before, this government literally can not govern, they just don't have the experience. They have trouble with foreign trade, they have trouble with internal politics between themselves and the provinces, they have trouble with immigration, they have trouble with just about everything except the policies that are easy to sell to their core base. The wheels are falling off of their carbon tax, they looked like a bunch of highschoolers trying to negotiate NAFTA, and they let BC push them around when it came to Trans Mountain, and they literally can't do math because the budget hasn't balanced itself. The only thing this government has had going for it lately was when it pumped up it's chest like a little Bantam rooster and stood up to the "Evil U.S" that got them support from all of Canada. So I guess i am not saying this is a conspiracy, I just think the Liberals saw this as an opportunity to do the only thing that has garnered them support lately and that was to pretend they are the big person (can't say man) on the block and increase their support going into an election. You are right about Energy East it won't get built immediately, but it now gives the Liberals the opportunity to go to the U.S and import more oil from them for the time being and maybe somewhat smooth relations with them. Loosing the KSA as a trading partner is insignificant compared to the possible political benefits it might gain the Liberals if they play the cards right. So that is why I wouldn't put it past the Liberals to have intentionally started this.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      MisterJade9, it will be a sad day when any political party puts it's welfare ahead of the Country it was elected to govern.

I guess I am too niave to realize there is more self service than public service in politics. Probably always was and always will be.
      Unfortunately, that is the rule, and not the exception. This gang has just taken it to an entire new level.

Comment

According to Saudi media this week:
        -Canada has the highest suicide rates in the world
        -Canadian prisons are rife with abuse
        -Canada gives shelter to terrorists
        -In Canada, women have the highest rates of persecution
        -Canada has the worst prisons with poor food and health services
        -justice in Canada takes so long that 75 percent of prisoners died before their trials between 2015 and 2017.
        -Indigenous Canadians are poor, they are killed, they are displaced
        -Canada is a racist country

And you guys are upset that a Liberal cabinet minister commented about Saudi justice!

Comment

Saudi's have conceded to continue selling Canada oil.

Considered by the National Broadcaster as a break in the tensions.

Guess it must have been our only choice?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
            Saudi's have conceded to continue selling Canada oil.

Considered by the National Broadcaster as a break in the tensions.

Guess it must have been our only choice?
            I don't think so - "under 'longstanding policy,' the kingdom's petroleum supplies aren't influenced by political considerations" they said.
            I liked the comment in response to that on the link LWebber posted: "Canada should decide that for them. Send a destroyer out of Halifax and tell the next tanker to turn around."

Comment

What was the method and reasoning that Salic was chosen to sell to or become partners with (how ever you want to spin it) over anyone else? What were other options?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...