• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might as well use an ole L2 Gleaner no need for big hp this year.

Comment

Yep that’s dry!

Yield percentage less than last year and 10 year average.

My guess is 15 bus to 20 less than last year

And 25 to 30 bus less than 10 year average.

Most who have a crop aren’t 20 bus over last year or 70 to 80 bus an acre

So two posted companies stating yield are full of shit.

Oh how many posts from friends harvesting happy and bragging cricketers

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Furrow

My soybeans have roots 11 inches straight down....is that a good thing?
        Just pulled a plant and thats where the root broke...

Nodulation is very good ....

some have told me I have compaction issues in the field....I think not.
        Dam rights that’s good 👍

Mine broke off as well , those buggers are great for the soil

Comment

We are sitting at just 4.2 in since May on most of the farm , about 1/2 of normal
          Beans about 5.5 in , the closer to HWY the higher the rain fall , west of HWY 4 the more it gets .
          Lashburn area up to 15 in or more from what I’ve heard

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            Anyone from the Vegreville area ??

Seen this picture yesterday, but not 100% sure it was Vegreville.
            Don't think so - looks more like the big storm they got on hwy 22 SW of Calgary by Longview.

Comment

Crops here look good considering the yr we've had. Got statement on moisture defficeny
              May actual 9.70 normal 50.72 MM
              June actual 55,60. Normal 87.32
              We have got more in July but for some the damage was already done. According to my figures 100 mm normal for July is 90mm.
              The rain was spotty like a hail storm, like it would stop on a fence line and hit again somewhere else crops are late here but grass seems way ahead like its browning off. Won't be any 2nd cut this yr.

Comment

Got an inch out of the blue last night. Too late for early crops, but will help green oats and canola at least fill what is there. Very glad to have got that rain.

Still be below average crop here. If the rain had come three weeks ago, it woulda been a monster.

Comment

We are sitting at just 4.2 in since May on most of the farm , about 1/2 of normal
                  Beans about 5.5 in , the closer to HWY the higher the rain fall , west of HWY 4 the more it gets .
                  Lashburn area up to 15 in or more from what I’ve heard
                  At least 15”. Kinda in a sweet spot. May was brutal dry but started raining in June so been fortunate.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                    At least 15”. Kinda in a sweet spot. May was brutal dry but started raining in June so been fortunate.
                    👍👍 good to hear

Comment

First report from a friend early peas less than last year.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                        First report from a friend early peas less than last year.
                        That tells us nothing!! You like talking yield, so what’s the number??
                        Last could have been 60, this yr 55.

Comment

Anyone from the Vegreville area ??

Seen this picture yesterday, but not 100% sure it was Vegreville.
                          Pretty sure that's highway 22 south f Calgary in the foothills.

Comment

Driving through the grain farming areas in France, seems farmers are high-speed discing or ripping, leaving huge hard clay-like lumps. They need a lot of rain to break those lumps. The ground that we stopped to see was very dry sandy clay (pavement) but we did see a bit darker soil in one area around Dijon. In the same area were hundreds of acres of fruit trees and g****s. Actually saw one Canola field where a bit was left on the edge of a village.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsdale View Post
                              Pretty sure that's highway 22 south f Calgary in the foothills.
                              Ok , thought so but really does not matter , was just curious more than anything.

Got a little AC/DC coming in now in the sky

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                                Driving through the grain farming areas in France, seems farmers are high-speed discing or ripping, leaving huge hard clay-like lumps. They need a lot of rain to break those lumps. The ground that we stopped to see was very dry sandy clay (pavement) but we did see a bit darker soil in one area around Dijon. In the same area were hundreds of acres of fruit trees and g****s. Actually saw one Canola field where a bit was left on the edge of a village.

I, for one, would certainly not object to more such reports in your travelogue.

Keep'em coming!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...