• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Challenge

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An excellent idea, I have no use for resorts and tourist destinations, I want to get out and get immersed in the culture and see the industry and agriculture and infrastructure, see how the real people live.

That said, most of the cities you list all have one thing more or less in common, they are the wealth centers of corrupt resource based oligopolies, as such, all the money that is extracted from the hard working people in the remainder of the countries, ends up enriching these cities. Visiting those places would be like visiting disneyland and assuming that it is representative of all of the USA. If you really want to see how the rest of the world operates, skip the cities, and get out into the provincial towns, and rural areas.

We have toured a lot of western Russia, and Moscow is a completely different world than the rest of the country. I should try to find some pictures to show the contrast.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

Visiting those places would be like visiting disneyland and assuming that it is representative of all of the USA.
      It isn't?? you'd better tell SF3 that as that's where he conducts his opinion polls on American politics and attitudes.

Comment

An excellent idea, I have no use for resorts and tourist destinations, I want to get out and get immersed in the culture and see the industry and agriculture and infrastructure, see how the real people live.

That said, most of the cities you list all have one thing more or less in common, they are the wealth centers of corrupt resource based oligopolies, as such, all the money that is extracted from the hard working people in the remainder of the countries, ends up enriching these cities. Visiting those places would be like visiting disneyland and assuming that it is representative of all of the USA. If you really want to see how the rest of the world operates, skip the cities, and get out into the provincial towns, and rural areas.

We have toured a lot of western Russia, and Moscow is a completely different world than the rest of the country. I should try to find some pictures to show the contrast.
        Sounds a lot like the scenario laid out in the hunger games. People worry about Russia and fsu blowing us all outta the water but a real shortage of skilled human capitol could hamper this. Not to mention Putin out of the picture how would that be for stability?

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
          It isn't?? you'd better tell SF3 that as that's where he conducts his opinion polls on American politics and attitudes.
          LOL.

That's kind of why I listed those cities... seems like most people when on vacation head to resort towns (Mexico or Florida)...

You don't hear too many people going to Wichita Kansas on vacation, though I'd agree with some on here that it'd be more fun and interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
            LOL.

That's kind of why I listed those cities... seems like most people when on vacation head to resort towns (Mexico or Florida)...

You don't hear too many people going to Wichita Kansas on vacation, though I'd agree with some on here that it'd be more fun and interesting.
            I'll choose Wichita Kansas over a beach resort any time.

Comment

You should double down on the challenge Klause - request that Lauren Southern visit the cities you listed and see how many of them she is allowed to spout her racist BS in. I see she is currently pestering the Kiwis to be allowed into their country to cause trouble. This person truly is an embarrassment to Canada but at least dressed like this she will hopefully be mistaken for an American.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 2.47.44 PM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	766528

Comment

I'll choose Wichita Kansas over a beach resort any time.
                Agreed

Our vet clinic took a few of us to Lincoln Nebraska for three days last year to tour the zoetis factory and the university farm which was awesome. Friendly people with corn fields as far as you can see.

Brother went to Nashville last winter and really enjoyed it too.

Comment

15444 - Like!

Three miles from home base, I know where all the knives are sharpened. My only concern is the returning locals bringing their worldly crap back with them to spread around. Most returnees didn't have the funds to venture out in the first place. Just another pile that will be spread out over a lifetime of payments and beyond because if Joe is entitled to go, so am I.

Winter, the best time of the year, because half the knives they disappear. Ending for a song. lol

Comment

Niagara Falls in January was exotic enough for me.

No, really. Try it. No lines, no tourists

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...