• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
    looks like a soil sterilant, they did the same here. Looks god awful
    WTF is wrong with mowing "twice" a year, let alone annually if you're lucky! When those conditions exist the first thing to start growing will be the perennial weeds like Canada and Sow thistle... or the opportunistic weeds that won't grow in a healthy stand of "grass".

Would mowing twice a year break the RRs?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      WTF is wrong with mowing "twice" a year, let alone annually if you're lucky! When those conditions exist the first thing to start growing will be the perennial weeds like Canada and Sow thistle... or the opportunistic weeds that won't grow in a healthy stand of "grass".

Would mowing twice a year break the RRs?
      I agree they created a fire hazard by smoking all the tall grass. Mow it, the roots give the rail bed strength and erosion protection. Not smart imo.

Comment

Canola thin spots on hills and knolls filling in and looking much better without any extra attention.
        Would be good testimonial for miracle treatment if it had had one.

Comment

Originally posted by Hopalong View Post
          Canola thin spots on hills and knolls filling in and looking much better without any extra attention.
          Would be good testimonial for miracle treatment if it had had one.
          Lol....like.

Comment

Making cut lines to get to some sections out back moisture in ground is close to normal for this time of year.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
              Making cut lines to get to some sections out back moisture in ground is close to normal for this time of year.
              Small leaf ? Is that from one of the dry fields ? Here they are about the size of a chemical jug , unreal

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5B4752EC-21C1-4EC8-BEB1-042F1A874427.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	766525
                Titanium wheat sure is nice this year ! Hughes looks even better and shorter

Comment

Titanium always interests me

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    [ATTACH]3062[/ATTACH]
                    Titanium wheat sure is nice this year ! Hughes looks even better and shorter
                    Looks awesome.
                    Guess we better buy a few more bins.😁😁😁

Comment

6 tenths total for the week.
                      Better than nothing. Some spots got less than that. Will need another shot after the heat today.
                      Worst sand is toast ,except for low spots. Wheat on good land looks like waves on the ocean. Up down.
                      Can. Still see between the rows from the road in the blooming canola.
                      We were overdue for this.
                      Was wet for more years in a row
                      Than I thought possible.

Comment

Missed out a bit on the rain last weekend. North and West of me around Innisfail got dumped, south down by Acme got 1.25". Think I might have broke 1/4". Scorching today and hopefully the thunderstorms bring in good rain and no hail.

Pasture isn't doing the greatest. Greens up good with the weekly rain showers but doesn't have lots of growth behind it. Moving the cows onto greener things this week. Hay is very hit and miss, mostly miss. Some guys that fertilized heavy are doing ok. Crops look good although I did find the scabbiest Canola field going.

The entire areas been surviving on weekly rain. If that weekly rain stops showing up I'm not sure how long things would hold on for. Subsoil is all powder.

Grain terminals in the area all seem to be either busy or unable to even get enough grain in so things must not be too bad in that department.

Comment

Wrong thread

Spraying for disease hit and so windy In afternoon. Didn’t go long and quit for the day

Comment

Just sitting on the deck drinking coffee and listening to all the air planes fly back and forth from filling in Nipawin and wishing they would get to my wheat before it slips past the right stage.

As far as crop the wheat and barley look good as long as they can grow out of the saturated soil.

The canola looked weak before all the rain and it is still struggling with all the water.

Comment

This morning after yesterday’s heat and wind ground still makes a ball

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                                This morning after yesterday’s heat and wind ground still makes a ball
                                yea top sure dryin slow for the heat and wind . ? humidity. must be super high

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...