• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jails for kids at the USA border? Looney tunes!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thot I might as well give the Coles Notes version of the article in the previous post I made is this:

The Brazilian company that owns Tim Hortons Company has implemented a new policy on all its Canadian franchise owners which forces them to use the TFW program. TFW stands for Temporary Foreign Worke program. Under this program temporary foreign workers replace Canadian employeees with foreign workers, who are paid minimum wage and will work 44 hours per week while only paid for 40 hours.
    Canadian employees are let go ( managers just tell them there is no work for them) and TFW’s are hired.
    In many cases the Canadians who are let go are people that can’t get real jobs or are able to work night shifts so can look after family in daytime.

Comment

I just don’t understand why government today are trying so hard to kill the very people who built this country from the ground up by taxing the heck out of us.
      The very families that have been here for 100 plus years are taking the hardest hit for the benefit of those who here for the free ride , work less and want more for doing less , and expect it ... even demand it . And no , it’s not just refugees.
      All of us immigrated here at one time , but only those who busted their butts made to where they are now , all along playing by the rules paying big tax’s and creating wealth — you stuff that builds a prosperous nation . Now we are getting the shaft .... hard 👎👎

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        I just don’t understand why government today are trying so hard to kill the very people who built this country from the ground up by taxing the heck out of us.
        The very families that have been here for 100 plus years are taking the hardest hit for the benefit of those who here for the free ride , work less and want more for doing less , and expect it ... even demand it . And no , it’s not just refugees.
        All of us immigrated here at one time , but only those who busted their butts made to where they are now , all along playing by the rules paying big tax’s and creating wealth — you stuff that builds a prosperous nation . Now we are getting the shaft .... hard 👎👎

TOTALLY AGREE!
        Grandfather had 75 cents to his name after passage to Canada was paid. Started with nothing but bare hands. Paid taxes for sure, saved and lived frugally till he died. Next gen way better off, paying wicked amount of taxes. Third gen paying over HALF of earnings in TAXES. After this gen game over with Liberal ideology!

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
          those would be worthless assets if it were not for the immigrants that came here and turned them into value
          That's very true. They want their heritage of preserving the bush etc no advancement of resources, but now they want all the money from the things others have built??? Cake and eat it too!!!!
          Their culture is what has been their economic detriment and it needs to be spoken about in all these truth talks there has to be a decision that either your in or your out. Freeloading your way isn't going to work for either group.

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post

If you are poor, unskilled, and visibly not white... And you need to be all three... Canada welcomes you with open arms.

Otherwise the Canadian immigration system makes it next to impossible to enter.
            That's BS Klause - I applied and was granted residence inside 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by grassfarmer View Post
              I guess you're special.

Comment

I tend to agree with Klause notwithstanding our permanent resident marxist from Scotland's experience. There was a very fine family from Brazil wanting permanent residency here in Alberta. Had jobs and references. Were rejected on some technicality. The able can't be punished enough or the less abled rewarded enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Happytrails View Post
                  I tend to agree with Klause notwithstanding our permanent resident marxist from Scotland's experience. There was a very fine family from Brazil wanting permanent residency here in Alberta. Had jobs and references. Were rejected on some technicality. The able can't be punished enough or the less abled rewarded enough.
                  Your last sentence speaks volumes

Comment

It took you 6 months, my sister immigrated to US, took her 20 years for residency and citizenship. You're legit grass, kudos, are you pist someone walks in, gets handouts and you didn't? Is it fair ? The process? What's your opinion? Klause?

Comment

I was born in Alberta and my mother was born in Alberta my grandmother was born in Ontario so what kind of immigrant am I?????

Comment

Originally posted by macdon02 View Post
                        It took you 6 months, my sister immigrated to US, took her 20 years for residency and citizenship. You're legit grass, kudos, are you pist someone walks in, gets handouts and you didn't? Is it fair ? The process? What's your opinion? Klause?
                        The US process is notoriously slow - i had a friend move there too and it was 9 years for him.
                        As far as Canada is concerned most of the posters are exaggerating facts to try and make a story. As proven in my case Canada has open arms for business immigrants - people that are going to own a business and contribute to the economy. There are also people with specific skills who are welcomed to Canada to fit the needs of the workforce here. Canada also allows some refugees to move here. As far as I can see not much has changed on immigration policy in recent decades - whether a PC or Lib. Government was in power. I know most here would like to claim that Trudeau has changed things so that only non-white, muslim extremists are allowed to emigrate to Canada but the facts don't support that.

Comment

The US process is notoriously slow - i had a friend move there too and it was 9 years for him.
                          As far as Canada is concerned most of the posters are exaggerating facts to try and make a story. As proven in my case Canada has open arms for business immigrants - people that are going to own a business and contribute to the economy. There are also people with specific skills who are welcomed to Canada to fit the needs of the workforce here. Canada also allows some refugees to move here. As far as I can see not much has changed on immigration policy in recent decades - whether a PC or Lib. Government was in power. I know most here would like to claim that Trudeau has changed things so that only non-white, muslim extremists are allowed to emigrate to Canada but the facts don't support that.

Um... We came here before you did.

I think Mulroney was in power.

But yes you're right... Everybody else is wrong. It's not like it took us over two years to immigrate.

Good grief you're self absorbed and dense

Ps: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-service-commission/jobs/services/gc-jobs/employment-equity.html https://www.canada.ca/en/public-service-commission/jobs/services/gc-jobs/employment-equity.html

Comment

Originally posted by Klause View Post
                            Um... We came here before you did.

I think Mulroney was in power.

But yes you're right... Everybody else is wrong. It's not like it took us over two years to immigrate.

Good grief you're self absorbed and dense

Ps: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-service-commission/jobs/services/gc-jobs/employment-equity.html https://www.canada.ca/en/public-service-commission/jobs/services/gc-jobs/employment-equity.html
                            It took me less time - more recently - things must be improving in Canada then hey?
                            Your employment equity link has zero relevance to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Horse View Post
                              I was born in Alberta and my mother was born in Alberta my grandmother was born in Ontario so what kind of immigrant am I?????
                              Full blood Canadian 👍

Comment

Originally posted by MBgrower View Post
                                those would be worthless assets if it were not for the immigrants that came here and turned them into value
                                Many of the first Europeans that came to Canada came for the fur trade. First Nations people had the skills and knowledge and provided most of the furs to the Hudson Bay Company and others. The Fur trade wouldn't have happened or would have been much smaller without first nations people.

There was no oil or potash mines when my Grandparents came to Saskatchewan either. Agriculture and settlement drove the prairie economy. All of that was impossible without access to farm land that was once occupied by first nations.

There is s good argument for resource revenue sharing with first nations based on their original ownership and occupation.

Most First Nations people currently have lower incomes, lower life expectancy and a lower standard of living, especially those living on reserves.

I think it is important to recognize first nations contribution to Canada's history and development. Current generations are working and paying taxes off reserve just like everyone else.

It is difficult to find employment near or on many remote reserves as there are few jobs. Just like small towns many of the young people leave for better opportunities.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...