• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Location picks your poison, chooses your hell, or we can move I guess...grass did, twice...

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
      Location picks your poison, chooses your hell, or we can move I guess...grass did, twice...
      The grass is always greener on the other side. LOL, thankful for moisture most times. These are the longest 100 days of the year when we are watching the thunder and lightning and cheering - praying. 😁 Always got eggs in the incubater in case things get really bad.

Comment

Seeding has been shut down too much, four times in four days due to rain. Forecast looks awful, unless you are done seeing and like cloudy, snotty weather, and drowning young crops.

Was sure hoping we had turned the corner into a drier spell. I guess not so much.

Might have to move to a drier area. Must be pure heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
          I hate rain and it makes me miserable and for 90% of my farming career it has been a pain in the butt!

The 10% of my farming when I wanted rain I can hardly remember.
          I hear you. Except ten per cent looking and hoping for rain seems awful high to me... 😝

Comment

Northerners

You guys have no idea how painful it is to watch those big black clouds coast around us and head north, knowing you don’t want them anyway, but we sure do most years.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
              You guys have no idea how painful it is to watch those big black clouds coast around us and head north, knowing you don’t want them anyway, but we sure do most years.
              Same here. I wish you would keep the stuff already.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
                Same here. I wish you would keep the stuff already.
                Just as painful when dry as a bone and watching rains hit 2 miles on either side and 60% of your dirt don’t get a drop at critical times ... it’s all relative

Comment

FJlip , I noticed a dirty old black bitch of a cloud over your way when i was sitting in a one mile lineup at richardson crooked river , did it get you ?

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    FJlip , I noticed a dirty old black bitch of a cloud over your way when i was sitting in a one mile lineup at richardson crooked river , did it get you ?
                    Knocking on the door now, a front popped up from Watrous NE to edge of radar. Between us. Been HOT and HUMID all day. Oh boy not that long at Wadena, trucker was back in an hour.

Lots on radar east of Farma and SF3, get any of it guys?
                    Last edited by fjlip; May 29, 2018, 15:12.

Comment

Fj, we've been lucky lately and the Sahara Slum of the Ghetto went through a bit if a transformation to the Sub-tropical Slum of the Ghetto,

At the yard,

May 8, 1.5 tenths(Hot dry winds robbed it quickly!)
                      May 17, 1.1 tenths(too dry previously to make a difference)
                      May 24, 9.0 tenths
                      May 26, 3.3 tenths
                      Last night and today, 3.8 tenths
                      Now we are moist enough that a tenth would make a difference again..."for now"......

This can turn around to too dry again pretty fast but I am enjoying what we got. The potholes we seeded have water in some of the ones that were borderline dry enough to seed, I will gladly sacrifice the effort of seeding them for the rain we got.

...always a wordy response, lol.

Take care everyone. Be and work safe.

Comment

Watching it rain 5 miles east and we’re still seeding only one rig as second was rained out down to a section left by tonight

Comment

Good for you we are very close about 1.6" so far! Enjoy. Big black cloud colorful on radar dissipated right over us, just a few drops, so that is how it goes away. Still RAIN Friday, wait for it....

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                            Got our first rain on about 1/3 of our acres. About 1/2 in .
                            But the other 2/3 still in need .
                            Got a light shower again is all .

Well look at that, how to treat infected camel toes! 🐫😳

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...