• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got our first rain on about 1/3 of our acres. About 1/2 in .
    But the other 2/3 still in need .
    Got a light shower again is all .

Comment

Does anyone here count a tenth of rain as any help?

Or do we start counting fogs as well?

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post

Or do we start counting fogs as well?
        It depends how wet the top is to begin with. If it's really dry might need a quarter inch + to make a difference.
        Delayed start cause of fog here yesterday. Straw was soaked

Comment

According to SF3, grass clipper does.

I heard that fog verses tenth rain, locally, a couple of days ago. The fog won out.

I believe dart board shots are always more accurate than the addition of all those daily chances which can reach a 1000 % without witnessing a drop. Darts sometimes drop to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            Doesn't do any harm anyway - and of course it all counts it's a cumulative effect. Unless of course like SF3 your purpose is to deceive - "now we got it - now we didn't"

Comment

1/10th does nothing to parched ground . But helps keep plants / grass alive if crop is established.
              If seed is in dry dirt 1/10th is basically useless.

Comment

If Weather Network is right, by the end of this coming week, we might be praying for sunshine. Tap on - Tap off!

Comment

Deer and moose in the wet garden. #Rain They can smell the corn up.

Comment

A one tenth rain killed off about $30 an acre worth of canola seed last year....germinated then died when the sun came back out

Comment

Canolas a bugger when its dry, seeded deeper than normal (1 inch) to try and find moisture. Heard of some crazies seeding it even deeper. Finally got 3 tenths but came in 2 minutes, furrows washed in now its damn near 2 inches deep. In hindsight would have been better off seeding into dust at 3/8's of an inch. Tempted to harrow in a couple pounds fack.
                      Last edited by biglentil; May 27, 2018, 08:27.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                        If Weather Network is right, by the end of this coming week, we might be praying for sunshine. Tap on - Tap off!
                        Looks like there will be muddy spraying conditions coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                          Looks like there will be muddy spraying conditions coming up.
                          Yes, ruts, drown outs, because every little dip was seeded this year and vulnerable to heavy rain that runs off.

Comment

Were cut off here. 3 or 4 tenths total .15 miles away 2-3 “ dumps .water laying all over . Running outta fields . Drill runs flattened. Guess were lucky !

Comment

I hate rain and it makes me miserable and for 90% of my farming career it has been a pain in the butt!

The 10% of my farming when I wanted rain I can hardly remember.

Comment

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
                                I hate rain and it makes me miserable and for 90% of my farming career it has been a pain in the butt!

The 10% of my farming when I wanted rain I can hardly remember.
                                Exact opposite here

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...